PDA

View Full Version : Gotta start somewhere, so here i go

phiilh
07-20-2005, 08:34 PM
After a few years of sporadic weight training and mild fitness, i've only recently begun feeling my body's muscular inadequacy and have decided that now's the time to finally take weight training more seriously (since it will afterall be my first year in college).

A number of things have bothered me in these past few years, the biggest being my lack of body mass - while i'm not exactly scrawny, i'm definitely on the thinner side. In any case, the most important aim is to gain weight and muscle mass, while ultimately building a solid, defined chest. At the age of 18, I weigh approximately 130 lbs and stand at around 5'8" - 5'9".

In beginning this soon-to-be consistent workout plan, my friend, who is also a member in these forums, has started by giving me a few guidelines and workout routines.

We started today with...

Bench Presses
100 x 5 x 2 (my stamina is horrible)
90 x 7 x 3

Bent-over Rows
50 x 8 x 3

Arnold Presses
20 x 7 x 3

Lat Pulls
90 x 7 x 3

Skull Crushers
40 x 8 x 3

Hammer Curls
20 x 8 x 3

It was pretty disappointing seeing how little i could lift after a year of not having worked out, but hell, you gotta start somewhere i guess. It was especially sad as it got to the end because my arms would quiver as i finished my sets. I'm just hoping that after a few more weeks/months of training, i'll be able to improve my stability, strength, form and stamina (and obviously see some muscle growth hahaha).

As far as eating goes, i feel that i eat far too little. Mainly i just don't have much of an apetite, unless it's immediately after a few laps of swimming. I rarely eat breakfast, eat decent lunches, and eat very late dinners (around 10ish), so basically in addition to my insufficient feeding, my eating schedule's very unhealthy.

I understand that the members in this forum know quite a bit to building muscle and proper eating, so i'm hoping, and i ask that you share any helpful guidelines you can to meet my goals of attaining muscle mass, improved strength and energy, and health. Thank you for any tips you can give to a serious beginner - i appreciate it.

pei
07-20-2005, 08:56 PM
good job, phiilh