PDA

View Full Version : How to keep from getting fat

Kylethechaotic
07-21-2005, 12:03 PM
Im bulking but I can tell the weight is going elsewhere too, like around my stomach and stuff, any way to prevent this?..

I was thinking about taking a break from bulking and running for a while.

schmitty199
07-21-2005, 12:09 PM
Im bulking but I can tell the weight is going elsewhere too, like around my stomach and stuff, any way to prevent this?..

well 1st of all how old are you? and do you play football? and if so what positions?

Kylethechaotic
07-21-2005, 12:15 PM
Im 18, and no..heh

And btw, I had a feeling ppl were gonna go "you dont need to worry about getting fat at 140"...
well im 157 right now..

schmitty199
07-21-2005, 12:16 PM
Im 18, and no..heh

And btw, I had a feeling ppl were gonna go "you dont need to worry about getting fat at 140"...
well im 157 right now..

ohh well has your bench gone up from 150 while bulking?

Kylethechaotic
07-21-2005, 12:20 PM
Yeah, im at 185 right now

Kylethechaotic
07-21-2005, 12:20 PM
Im just paranoid about getting slightly fatter

SpecialK
07-21-2005, 12:24 PM
If you don't want to gain fat, then don't eat as much. That might result in slower muscle gains though. I guess the ratio of muscle to fat gains on a bulk is probably determined mainly by genetics.

Bottom line: if you feel you are gaining too much fat, then reduce your cals. However if reducing cals halts your muscle gains, then you may have to just live with the fact that you are going to gain some fat if you want to gain some muscle.

schmitty199
07-21-2005, 12:26 PM
If you don't want to gain fat, then don't eat as much. That might result in slower muscle gains though. I guess the ratio of muscle to fat gains on a bulk is probably determined mainly by genetics.

Bottom line: if you feel you are gaining too much fat, then reduce your cals. However if reducing cals halts your muscle gains, then you may have to just live with the fact that you are going to gain some fat if you want to gain some muscle.

i eat eat and eat and dont get fat................... guess im just lucky so in other words i put on alot of muscle without bulking and cutting

Kylethechaotic
07-21-2005, 12:26 PM
Ill just keep getting enough protien so I can stay strong and just run for a few weeks

IZich
07-21-2005, 12:34 PM
is your bulk a clean one? If its a dirty bulk, you're bound to get fat, but i've heard stories of people who gain LBM through a clean bulk without too much fat. Its not uncommon.

BG5150
07-21-2005, 01:42 PM
Im 18, and no..heh

well im 157 right now..

Time to edit that signature then....

ericg
07-21-2005, 01:49 PM
How long have you been bulking?

Shoot for 500cals over maint (~1lb/wk) and you should do pretty well. Adjust from there to gain slowly. Make sure your workouts are at least consistent and hard/heavy effort.

Shao-LiN
07-21-2005, 06:45 PM

Control your diet better. Gaining too much fat? Ease back the calories and settle for gaining weight very slowly. That, or somehow magically obtain better genetics.

Shao-LiN
07-21-2005, 06:47 PM
Ill just keep getting enough protien so I can stay strong and just run for a few weeks

Your diet is more important than your "running for a few weeks". You're assuming that general cardio will just burn fat. It is a way to up your activity level and burn more calories, which does not necessarily mean fat stores. There are methods of cardio to free up and burn off bodyfat, but in the end, you would still need to be dieting to see any significant fat loss. If you're constantly bulking, then cutting after a short time, you may negate your gains. I would just get your diet dialed in perfectly and concentrate on gaining slowly.