PDA

View Full Version : trying to cut up

jtrap3
07-21-2005, 03:24 PM
I ahve been using fitday for the past three days and love it. I had soem early probelsm with the calorie/fat breakdown on some of the meals-but it has now worked out. i am 25, 6'1, 212 and i am trying to cut down a bit more. I have been lifting regularly sicne Feb adn my bench is at 285 and I ahve seen obviosu gains in my size and fat loss- when I started in February I was at 235/ I was wondering waht you guys think of my diet the past three days adn could offer me any critiques. I would appreciate any feedback since I am here to learn more and help others myself. if you ahve any other question about my diet, please feel free to ask me.

JOe

Built
07-21-2005, 03:27 PM
What diet?

jtrap3
07-21-2005, 03:29 PM
http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=jtrap3

damn, i forgot to include the link.......sorry guys

getfit
07-21-2005, 03:35 PM
cals look low! no veggies etc...

Built
07-21-2005, 03:37 PM
Cool - okay, your cals and macros are all over the place - at first glance, I'd say just make sure you keep your protein at 1.0-1.5g per pound, and your fats at a minimum of 0.5g/lb. Make up the rest of your calories however you see fit, and try to figure out what your "maintenance" cals are so you can drop this by about 10-15% (usually works out to about a 500 calorie drop for a guy your size). Maybe add in the occasional green vegetable...

Did you seriously eat 5 CUPS of honey roasted peanuts? Damn those things are good....

jtrap3
07-21-2005, 03:49 PM
I hoenstly ate that many hoeny roasted peanuts whiel at work.....i know...i ran extra that evenign afterwards. I wigh 212 and have been aiming for 300 grams of protein per day. My diet used to really lack in protein before and since I uped it-i ahve seen much better results. When you mentioned macros...coudl you explain to em further please? I will admit I have never been diet savy in the past while working out and this is thee first tiem I am lifting for lean mass instaed of just mass.

My supplements currently include flaxseed oil, fish oils zma at night, ON whey pretein drink (2 scoops 4 x a day) and I jsut started taking MSM as well. Thansk for all insights in advance.

Built
07-21-2005, 03:54 PM
Supps are all fine, zma is overpriced IMHO but not useless.

Just keep tracking your food on fitday, stick loosely to the protein and fat guidelines I've posted, make some more nutrient-dense food choices (fruit, veggies, no trans fats...), include the shakes into fitday, watch the calories, and watch what happens to your body.

Built
07-21-2005, 03:55 PM
Oh, and a run might have burned off, what, 200 calories? The peanuts had 800 calories.

Proving once again that you cannot cardio off a sh!tty diet.

jtrap3
07-21-2005, 03:57 PM
Thanks built for the good advice....i need to stay away from those damn honey roasted peanuts.......

Built
07-21-2005, 03:58 PM
Weigh out your ration, and put them into a baggie.

Put the rest behind barbed wire.