PDA

View Full Version : Any Good Weightlifting-Specific Stores in the Toronto Area?

thetopdog
07-22-2005, 06:20 AM
I need to buy some chalk, some straps and possibly some other things. I usually just go to the sports stores in the malls, but I was wondering if anybody knew of any stores that specialize in weight training? I have some time this weekend I would be interesting in checking some equipment out

I'm not sure what section this belongs in, so mods, feel free to move it

spanky33
07-22-2005, 07:50 AM
I've never been in it, but you could try that MuscleMag (sp?) store on yonge and wellesley.

ElPietro
07-22-2005, 07:58 AM
Straps you can find pretty much anywhere. Chalk you will have difficulty finding. I ordered mine online. It's hard to come by in a store. Maybe some form of rock climbing store might carry something though.

The three main weight lifting stores in the GTA would be:

Fitness Depot
Fitness Source
Musclemag

They all have multiple locations in the GTA.

thetopdog
07-22-2005, 08:04 AM
Thanks to both of you guys. Now that you mention it, I'm having flashbacks to walking by that Musclemag store back when I was a skinny ass high school kid. I always wanted to get into weightlifting but I used to believe it stunted your growth so I held off until Univeristy, which was stupid for a number of reasons, including the fact that I've been at the same height (5'10") since I was 14 (I'm now 21).

I was thinking about going to the gym at the University of Toronto (I'm doing summer school there, but I spend more time in the gym than in class, haha) to play basketball, so I'll be near Yonge and Wellsley anyways. I'll probably go check that out

I don't want to have to order the chalk online just becuase of the inconvenince, hoepfully they'll have it at the Musclemag store

spanky33
07-22-2005, 08:10 AM
YO are you talking about hart house? that's where i work out man

thetopdog
07-22-2005, 08:24 AM
YO are you talking about hart house? that's where i work out man

I've never actually been to the Hart House, I play ball at the AC. I also lift there occasionally, but I've also got a membership for the summer at Goodlife

We should work out together one time

spanky33
07-22-2005, 08:34 AM
I go to the AC on saturday to play floorball. You have access to the AC all the time because you're taking summer school. I'm not. So I can only use Hart House.
Which college are you in?

thetopdog
07-22-2005, 08:53 AM
I go to the AC on saturday to play floorball. You have access to the AC all the time because you're taking summer school. I'm not. So I can only use Hart House.
Which college are you in?

I go to Princeton in the States, I'm from Toronto though so I'm taking summer school at U of T while I'm at home this summer

Do you have access to Hart House every day?

spanky33
07-22-2005, 08:55 AM
yea, you do too since you're in summer school.
what do you study?

ROMANMAN
07-22-2005, 08:29 PM
Wow princeton, good job man!