PDA

View Full Version : DIETS: THe right Way to Bulk

southside
07-22-2005, 11:03 PM
Heres the story, im HINDU !! so i dont eat pork and beef. Eat alot of Rice/Chicekn is staple. I eat about 2 Solid meals a day (breakfest isnt one of them) but i plan to totally revamp everything. I said ni a previous thread i eat about 1800 cal's day. lets fix that can we?

i plan on going grocery shopping and have a 200$ Budget to get whatever i want.

i dont eat breakfest cuz i usually stay up till 1-2 am then sleep till about lunchtime.

so to fix that. im gonna start sleeping at 11-12pm and set my clock to 8-9am. wake up eat 3 scrambled eggs, toast (white), chicekn or turkey bacon. everyday.

But my question is. Since i have to admit my cooking skills are not extraodinary i really dont kno how to cook chicken breasts lol.

so getting help on cooking chicken breasts would be cool (some recipes too)

and lots of bulking food.

i plan on getting

- brown bread
- tuna
- chicken breasts
- Natural Penut Butter
- Optimum 100% Whey Protein (10LB)
-Ultimate Nutrition Muscle Juice 2544

and alot of bulking food.

I want to clean bulk, and if stuffing my face with good food is good. well help me out please? those are the only 2 supplements i plan on using (dont advise me against why are u using that blah blah) Just help on picking good bulking foods.

My stats

im 18, have a hard time gaining weight. am 120pounds and 5'8. I eat alot of chicken/seafood no beef or pork. im not a picky eater

YungLifter
07-23-2005, 04:22 AM
You might not be a hardgainer. Your eating far to low cals to be bulking so their no way you'll gain with that many cals. Ill look for somerecipes for you. Try getting oatmeal and brown rice instead of white.

getfit
07-23-2005, 05:12 AM
sticky"what a bodybuider eats" start there!

southside
07-23-2005, 11:54 AM
naw i am a hard gainer. over the last two years eating routinely and eating decently well i havent gained much weight at all. only when i drink i seem to gain a fewpounds. only to remove them later lol

PhilsterT
07-23-2005, 12:07 PM
Where's the cottage cheese bro! I would definitley say 1800 is not enough to bulk. That's below my cuting calories. Try around 3500.

southside
07-23-2005, 01:41 PM
3500 is alot. meaning i would have to have 3 meals at around 600-700 calories. and make up 1400 on snacks throughout the day.

CiteCollegiale
07-23-2005, 02:47 PM
How can you know if you're a hardgainer at only 1800calories a day.

TOBART
07-23-2005, 03:22 PM
First of all, I know you don't want to hear about supps, but skip the whey protein, the muscle juice will give you plenty. 3500 isn't too much, that would be a good starting point for putting on weight, that's what I was eatting when I was around 5' 7" 115lbs. Right now I'm getting 5000 cals a day at 5' 7" 140lbs. With this I've been gaining about a pound a month, I consider myself a hardgainer.

Pasta is a secret weapon for gaining weight, 1 cup of it has ~300 cals, add some sauce ~100 cals then drop a few tablespoons of olive oil on top (120 cals per tablespoon), eat this meal with a glass of milk 100 cals and 2 pieces of toast ~200 cals and its an easy to stomach 1000+ calories. Plus all of this is pretty cheap and you can make it in big quantities and eat it throughout the week. If you buy some premade sauce, its even easier and quicker to make than kraft dinner.

southside
07-24-2005, 04:40 PM
How can you know if you're a hardgainer at only 1800calories a day.

well the way im thinking of how i never gain weight and almost all my familiy is the same build (*cousins*) all my cousins are same size as i am all skinny

CiteCollegiale
07-24-2005, 08:27 PM
well the way im thinking of how i never gain weight and almost all my familiy is the same build (*cousins*) all my cousins are same size as i am all skinny

Not many people can gain weight on 1800 calories a day...doesn't mean you're a hardgainer. If you don't gain weight at 5000 calories then it's a different story.

thetopdog
07-25-2005, 11:13 PM
What does getting up at 8 or 9am have to do with eating breakfast? Breakfast occurs whenever you break your fast from sleeping, it makes no difference whether you eat it at 9am or at 4pm

wrestlemaniac
07-26-2005, 04:40 AM
naw i am a hard gainer. over the last two years eating routinely and eating decently well i havent gained much weight at all. only when i drink i seem to gain a fewpounds. only to remove them later lol

I would take that as an indication that if you add more calories to your diet you will gain weight (so do that).

Ricochet_kid
07-26-2005, 05:27 AM
I think you probably want to eat more often too, 5-7 meals per day instead of 2 or 3 will give your body a more consistent supply of energy. You may find it easier to increase your caloric intake too.

I set times for myself to eat. (I'm lucky that my job allows for that - (cubicle farm)) Then I make sure to get lots of protein in each little meal. I find this to be a reliable way for me to eat enough calories and protein per day.

www.fitday.com. is also a great help to keep track of your food intake and make sure you're eating enough.

Oh yeah, I also can eat a whole 'shrimp ring' in a sitting. I love shrimp, and they have tonnes of protein.