PDA

View Full Version : Comp Result

cphafner
07-24-2005, 12:26 PM
So I was a bit harsh on myself in my journal yesterday, but feel better after looking at the pictures. I didn't place top 5. I was unofficaly 6th or 7 (they didn't about 6 or 7th, but no way I placed worse than the last guy). I was surprised by the quality of the guys. I was taller than the top 5 guys, so they were all thicker. The winer was only 5'4" and the 2nd place guy was about 5'6" (and only 150 lbs, but looked so much heavier).

In the lineup shot the order was 2nd place, me, 4th, 3rd, 5th, 1st. The last competitor wasn't in the photo.

The show was terribly disorganized, and I would never do another show from this promoter. Noone knew what the ehll was going on. The judges were real tough on our division. We did 4 sets of quarter turns, 3 full sets of mandatories, and a bunch of optional poses (crab mm and hammy shots). Noone knew how to perform the ham pose. I was not prepared for this much posing, and my posing suffered. I think with some posing work, I could have placed maybe 5th or 4th. I did a real crappy job posing my legs, which were small to begin with. I really need to work on my leg development if I am going to thnk about competing again.

The pump up "room" consister of 2 20 lbs db's and a 65 lb BB. One of the open guys was nice enough to let me borrow his bands. They then brought us backstage to pump up more. We had to use chairs for pushups, dips, curls, etc. Really a poor event.

When it came to the awards they told the MC to send out the top 5, so she sent out #1-5 (I was #2). They brought us off, then sent out the same 5. They then said wait a minute, and had the masters women compete and get their trophies (they forgot they were supposed to go before us). Finally the head judge came up and called out 5 numbers, mine wasn't called. One of the open heavies treid to cheer me up and said it took a lot of courage just to step on stage, that really didn't sink in until this morning.

I left dejected, and didn't feel like eating or partying, but did go eat a bunch of junk and chug a 44 oz big gulp. Tomorrow I jump right back into the bulk. I already raided Costco this morning and restocked the freezer.

I am facing the reality that at my height (5'11") it will be hard to compete at anything less than light-heavy, so no future comps are planned.

Thanks to everyone for the support during this process.

cphafner
07-24-2005, 12:27 PM
more

getfit
07-24-2005, 12:52 PM
i think you look awesome connor pics are great! :)

Patz
07-24-2005, 12:56 PM
Honestly, those ther guys don't look like they have much on you. Symmetrically, you look competitive. Funny though, I only saw you smiling in one pic?

The guy was correct...it does take a lot just to step out on the stage. You've gained a crapload of experience, and will be that much better off in the future.

Congratulations!

bill
07-24-2005, 01:46 PM
Conner you did great man. You got into great shape. Your correct about the ht and gaining wt, but think how much more muscle you can pack on.

BilltheButcher
07-24-2005, 05:31 PM
The experience you received at this show will be invaluable in the future.

Shark
07-24-2005, 06:00 PM
You really looked like you were dialed in. Very impressive.

Bohizzle
07-24-2005, 06:30 PM
impressive pics man, don't worry about ur placing. u gained a lot of experience. once u gain that extra muscle so that u can look as built as they can at their height, u will decimate them.

Andrew

Paul Stagg
07-24-2005, 06:36 PM
Excellent work.

You had the balls to get up on stage at your best, that alone is an acomplishment IMO. I'm sure you learned a great deal - everything from how to deal with adversity the day of the contest, to what worked and what didn't to get the last bit of water off.

You should be very proud of yourself.

MM
07-24-2005, 08:55 PM
Excellent work.

You had the balls to get up on stage at your best, that alone is an acomplishment IMO. I'm sure you learned a great deal - everything from how to deal with adversity the day of the contest, to what worked and what didn't to get the last bit of water off.

You should be very proud of yourself.

:withstupi, 100%

Better to fail a hundred times than to quit once and win 99 times. There's no reason to get down on yourself; you learned a lot about fitness, and yourself, too, I would wager. Excellent job. It's an inspiration.

drew
07-24-2005, 08:59 PM
Man, you look awesome. I'm sure you'll be killing them soon. Just stick to it. Great job bro!

zimbo
07-24-2005, 09:29 PM
I agree that it will be hard to compete with the short guys in your weight class but around town you are going to win the looks contest HANDS DOWN. If a 5'6" guy is huge, he's merely compensating. At 5'11", you're simply ripped.

--Steve

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-24-2005, 11:25 PM
You've got a great physique...keep it up.

Darcy Tucker
07-24-2005, 11:50 PM
Excellent job!!!! You're too hard on yourself. Great work!!!

ElPietro
07-25-2005, 07:23 AM
Congratulations Connor, be proud. Always great to see WBB members make it to the stage.

KevinStarke
07-25-2005, 08:48 AM
I agree that it will be hard to compete with the short guys in your weight class but around town you are going to win the looks contest HANDS DOWN. If a 5'6" guy is huge, he's merely compensating. At 5'11", you're simply ripped.

--Steve

He did well, but I resent that remark :cry:

smalls
07-25-2005, 11:49 AM
That really takes an insane amount of work and balls to get up there, I couldnt do it. Your front and back double bi's looked really good and overall you came in hard and looking great.
Now get back eating, having fun, and getting bigger. Good job bro.

djreef
07-25-2005, 03:52 PM
You know what you need to do, now quit crying, and get to work. You have NOTHING to be ashamed of. You do need to sell it more. Generating a positive attitude on stage goes along way - that means smile to the point of beaming.

Champions adapt. Always remember that.

DJ

Beast
07-25-2005, 05:01 PM
I agree with the others... I could NEVER do a competition. Congratulations on a job well done!

solarisdude45
07-25-2005, 06:09 PM
you look great! Now, you know your strenght and weakness, go forward and compete again.

Good luck!

Garrix
07-25-2005, 06:30 PM
you're in awesome shape, and there is absolutely nothing you should be ashamed of. I hope that someday i can look as good as you. Keep up the work! you're doing great.

cphafner
07-25-2005, 08:32 PM
Getfit: Thanks!

Elwood: Thanks alot. I was smiling at first, but I was really uncomfortable by the time we got to the mandatories. By that time we were on stage for atleast 10 minutes, and I was drenched in sweat. I need to work on my stamina more for next time.

Bill: The height will be an issue if I stay light, so time to get big!

Butcher: The experience was the most important part, it will be important for the next prep.

Chris: I wasn't as dialed in as I wanted to be. My BF was a little too high, so I couldn't really get dry.

Boshizzle: I hope so man. I'll have to carry 190+ at my height to look that big.

Paul: Thanks so much. I will def. use the lesson learned here for the next show. Also without this site, this wouldn't have been possible.

MM: Your right, but I plan on succeeding next time!

Drew: Thanks bro.

Zimbo: I don't think their compensating, just lucky! But then again I would never trade my height for their size.

Scarz: Thanks man

Darcy: I've gotten over being down on myself, now I'm focusing on the future.

Pete: Thanks a lot.

Kevin: Hush, your a house!

Smalls: Thanks alot. Back dbl bicep is probably my best pose.

DJ: I need to work on the smiling!

Beast: Man you'd look awesome on stage!

Solaris: Thanks

Garrix: Where I am at now is easily attainable if you stick to it!

Gabrielle
07-26-2005, 07:55 AM
pat yourself on the back..not many guys can get up on stage in pretty much speedos and pose in front of a bunch of strangers.

cphafner
07-28-2005, 05:20 AM
Gabrielle: I honestly wasn't even thinking about the suit while I was on stage. I was more nervous walking around without a shirt on backstage, those guys were intimidating to see, but nice as hell.

BIGERIC
07-31-2005, 07:40 PM
There are millions of people that can only dream of having a physique like yours.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-31-2005, 07:45 PM
There are millions of people that can only dream of having a physique like yours.That's for sure. Keep your head up man and stay dedicated. :thumbup:

gympunk
08-01-2005, 11:07 PM
You have an impressive "classically athletic" symmetrical builder's body, pack on some more Lbs if that's want you want/need to compete, great physique though.