PDA

View Full Version : constipation help

sicko281
07-24-2005, 05:56 PM
Hello people

I have a big problem with constipation.....

My protein consisits of carbs in the morning before exercise, some after exercise, and high protein during the afternoon and evening.

I drink around 6-7 liters of water(lots of it) . My morning breakfast now is 60-70 grams (oats mixed with oat bran + 10 grams of psyllium husk ). And yet....still constipated.

My sodium is extremely low in my diet. Does this matter?

I suspected that this was caused by the multivitamin tablets. But I tried and nothing changed. Then i suspected it should be the the extremely low fat diet. But then i added lots of fish and flaxseed oil.but nothing.

I need help, advices,any useful supplements?

getfit
07-24-2005, 05:58 PM
do you eat any veggies and fruit?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-24-2005, 06:03 PM
Maybe you're eating way too much fiber/protein. About how much protein do you consume on average per day?

sicko281
07-25-2005, 02:35 AM
well.....lots of protein..really....since my carbohydrate is extremely limited in the afternoon hours (currently cutting , 8-9%)...

well...my fiber is mainly around 24-30 soluble fiber in the morning and thats it....

then just cucumber ,lettuce and pepper.....

getfit
07-25-2005, 02:39 AM
maybe want to up your veggie and fruit intake might help!

ryan-
07-26-2005, 10:13 AM
I used to have this problem. Then I started eating Kashi GoLean cereal for breakfast (in addition to my eggs). It is full of fiber. If you don't want to eat fiber, take fiber pills. I'm sure you're just not getting enough.

fhornhead
07-26-2005, 11:51 AM
Fibercon (or the generic knockoff) is a must try before you see a doctor. I don't use it anymore, but when I was doing a high protein (mostly protein) diet, I used them daily and still had issues. (stay away from those powders ie:metamucil, gross!)

I currently am on a high fiber, low fat diet and I don't have any issues :)