PDA

View Full Version : Bumble Bee: Salmon

PhilsterT
07-24-2005, 07:31 PM
So I'm getting a little nervous about my mercury levels (which might be a problem) because I have been eating about 25-30 ounces of albacore. I saw tuna in a can at the store. Has anyone tried this? It's 12g of protein per serving, and the can upstairs I have has like 7 servings. Would there be a problem with mercury in this?

I happened to stumble into some gold today. I was digging in my freezer and found tailess frozen shrimp. I was making this fatty breakfast burrito (for dinner) for my bulk. I had 4 eggs, some pieces of cheese, chicken, etc. I saw this shrimp and I thoguht of using some. I checked the label and flipped! 110 calories, 22 grams of protein, 2 grams of fat (per serving, but here's the slip side), 50% cholestoral. I was so lucky to have found this nice, easy, less-mercury sea-food item with so much protein, but the cholestoral is throwing me for a loop (of course I ate the burrito--something like 100 grams of protein, 1500 calories). Anyway, how much of a problem is cholestoral? I heard there were good kind that wern't so much a problem. The problem lies with those burritos: the 3 eggs was already 210% cholestoral, then toss in 50% for shrimp, add some other foods; it rounds to 300% just for dinner. I'm scared that I'm backing away from my mercury issues and ending up with some cholestoral issues. What to do...what to do? Is this much okay?

(Anyway want that burrito recipe? I'm thinking of posting it. I made a few mistakes when I made mine, but definitley a great bulk food.)