PDA

View Full Version : whey protein

new york star
07-24-2005, 11:24 PM
Hey guys,

I know a lot of you use the optimal nutrition whey protein, andI was wondering, what is a good amount of grams of protein that it is good to have in each serving? In addittion, and this may or may not be the same question, but how many grams of protein do u take in each shake? Thanks.

PhilsterT
07-24-2005, 11:41 PM
The amount of protein taken in one a shake completly depends on what's in the shake (1 scoop, 2, 3, 5,000,000?). Also, each serving has a certain amount of protein, so your intake is completley based on how many scoops you take, or what brand you buy. Most brands offer 20 grams per scoop. I would say 1 scoop is enough for me (when I start taking it eventually), but some members on the board find that 2, 3, or even 4 scoops is optimal.

abwowang
07-25-2005, 12:24 AM
well i take it u eat meat and have other sources of protein..
for ME i take 2 scoops a day of ON protein.. it offers about 23 grams i think..
i take one before i workout and one after.. its fine for me
i'd say for starters.. after u workout take 1 scoop.. that should be adequate especially if u are just beginning.

GimpFace
07-26-2005, 05:59 AM
I take my Fusion Whey (25gs per scoops) in the morning and right after my workout - should I be taking it before and after workout?

I also eat a tuna salad everyday with 2 cans of Tuna for lunch :P

chris mason
07-26-2005, 06:30 AM
If you want a better product that will provide better results give Nitrean by AtLarge Nutrition a try.

Nitrean contains a protein blend of whey (isolates, concentrate, and hydrolyzed), casein, and egg. This matrix provides for a superior net retention of ingested protein (allowing better results using less protein) and optimum bioavailability (the release of amino acids to your bloodstream occurs more evenly over an extended period).

On top of all that the products tastes as good as anything on the market and mixes better.