PDA

View Full Version : My journal and progress

Jeighsun
07-25-2005, 01:42 PM
Basically just want to track my results and get opinions, comments, and advice from others.

I started lifting about 3 years ago towards the end of high school. I weighed ALMOST 130lbs and was about the same height I am now (5'10'').

My bench press (1rpm) was about 130lbs. Five months later I got it up to 185lbs and my body weight was about 135lbs.

After about a year of lifting my bench was at about 225lbs. Since then I haven't gained too much strength (and just a little bit of size).

Two years into my lifting career I weighed about 143lbs and could bench around the 245lb mark... I ended up breaking my hand which set me back over a month.

This changed a few months ago when I started getting a little bit stronger. I don't know what happened to cause this little spark but I can currently do 245x2 so I'm guessing about a 260lb max. I currently weigh between 149-152. I'll find out on Aug 12th when my friends and I are having a friendly team benching competition.

As far as goals go I'd like to be able to bench twice my BW. 165/330 would be good.

My legs are small/weak and I don't work them consistently.. I haven't done them in a few months but I am looking to get back into them soon. I just started deadlifting.. and can do 225 for about 4.. yeah i know it's weak but I feel this will go up somewhat quickly. When I had been lifting legs for a couple months at a time I was squatting 230x4. I figure I can add a lot of weight to my legs if I actually stick with them.

I'm trying to put on good weight.. i.e. no fat..... I'm trying to cut down my carbs somewhat.. and eat more protein... I run a couple times a week and am looking to increase this to about 4 times a week.

I will try to get up some pics soon.

KevinStarke
07-25-2005, 02:32 PM
Looking strong man solid looking bench, looking forward to seeing your progress.

Jeighsun
07-25-2005, 05:09 PM
Thanks.. what do you normally eat? and when did you start lifting?

KevinStarke
07-25-2005, 06:11 PM
Food that tastes good, I try to veer from fast foods and too many processed foods but I generally have a pretty loose diet. Pretty much just try to make sure im never hungry but not gain weight. I started lifting right after middle school ended and lifted through highschool, just graduated a few months ago.

Jeighsun
07-26-2005, 07:31 AM
Getting back in the gym today after being in Ocean City, MD for awhile and just laying around on the beach... haven't lifted since the 16th and my shoulder has been bothering me lately.. feels okay today.

I pretty much do the 1 muscle group a day thing, and then take 2 rest days at the end of the week... and do a lot of sets per muscle. Today I plan on doing tris unless my shoulder is bothering when I get out of work (accounting intern - sit at a desk all day).

Here is my routine:
Saturday - Chest
Sunday - Back
Monday - Shoulders
Tuesday - Tris
Wednesday - Bis, Legs

I usually do about 12 sets each for tris, bis, shoulders.. and usually more with chest and back since they are bigger muscles. I have been doing this for awhile but I am up for any suggestion.

Jeighsun
07-26-2005, 01:27 PM
Started to get serious about my diet today.. or at least more serious than I was... the past few months I have been trying to eat somewhat more healthy than I have been in years past.
Try to avoid:
soda (hasn't been hard)
anything with a ton of sugar (hasn't been too hard, can't resist sometimes)
high carbs (kind of hard)
late night carbs (somewhat hard)
beer (not going to happen)

I will post my workout when I get home later tonight.. also going to keep track of my sleep in here to see what affect it has, if any.

Jeighsun
07-26-2005, 08:28 PM
Triceps
close grip:
155x10
155x10
165x9

DB skullcrushers:
25x10
30x10
30x10

cable pushdown - rope:
8x10
9x10
9x10

skullcrushers - curling bar - reverse grip:
35x10
45x10
45x7

cable pushdown - rope - 1 arm
3x10
3x9
3x7

Also decided that I will be changing my routine.. starting Monday.