PDA

View Full Version : Log it or Forget it

beanimanius
07-25-2005, 02:30 PM
As you will notice I am a very forgetful person. If I don't keep two copies of my workout and information log I will most likely end up in a weight room wondering what I am doing holding a set of dumb bells. So here we go.

5' 9"
206 lbs.
38 inch waist
21 years old

I weighted 169 once. That was after 2 months of extreme cardio workouts where I did nothing but run sprints and do aerobics for three hours a day. Not to mention the push ups, man the push ups, I thought my arms were going to fall off at the shoulder.

Anyway. This week and probably the next week are going to pretty weak until I can get things together. Right now its mostly taking notes trying to figure out which way I want to go and how I want to ge there.

What I learned today:

You need motivation and goals and to write these down where you won't forget them and can see them everyday
Hydration
Steady caloric intake
A calculator
To get to bed and out of bed on time

Motivation:

Everytime I see a BMI chart I plot out where I am on the chart. I always end up depressed seeing my obese score. That BMI chart can go to hell.

Bonus - I want to be that dad that can beat up all the other dads.

Long term goals:

Body weight 215
1 1/2 mile run 9:36 - 10:00 minutes
60 push ups
60 sit ups
...more to come

Short term goals:

Figure out workout schedule
Become better at preparing meals for then next day
Become better at logging my caloric intake
Become better at logging my workout for the day - thank you FITLINXX
...more to come

beanimanius
07-26-2005, 01:42 PM
Two days so far.

Monday:
Five minute warm up
Push ups and Sit ups until failure
Two mile run - at a weak 28:11
Push ups and Sit ups until failure

Tuesday:
Circuit training
- Running
- Push ups
- Sit ups
- Dips
- Scissor kicks
Repeat for one hour with five minute break on the half hour

I am so out of shape...

Figured my workout for the most part.

Monday, Wednesday, Friday:
Lift | alternate
- upper body twice\lower once one week
- lower body twice\upper once the next and so on
- shoulders on lower days

2 mile run | wednesdays aerobics + 2 mile run

Tuesday, Thrusday, Saturday:
2 mile run

Sunday:
REST!

Currently trying to understand Nutrient Timing among other things. Still need to figure out caloric intake and if I really want to calorie count or just guesstimate. Need to figure out what supplements I need along the way of whey and MRP and then subtract from daily caloric intake.

I am a n00b.

beanimanius
08-02-2005, 03:06 PM
Not much this week besides circuit training. Treadmills, crosstrainers, bikes, and the track. Plus more push-ups and sit-ups than a person should ever do. One week at the circuit training and I can see some results. Small but the results are there. Got in my first weight session today it felt great. Just chest, back, bicepts, and tricepts. 5 sets each, two exercises, 12, 10, 8 then 12, 10. Just trying it out.

I am going to finish this week off like that and see how I feel with the Circuit training. I may end up cutting the weight or the sets down to four or three.

Hopefully my MRP arrives sometime next week. EAS sounded pretty good, then I was going to try this Optimum Nutrition new and improved formula and at the last minute I decided to go with Met-RX. From what I have read its not bad to start off with first. Use as kind of a starting point or base line for other MRP's.

So much for this week and the week before that. Hopefully I can start some serious training after this cicuit bit.
My nutrition expert, I guess thats what she is, tried to put me on a 1500 calorie diet. I told her she was insane and we settled on 2000. We'll see where that gets me. I may end up adding an extra session of cardio to my daily circuit. Probably an extra mile or two. The cottage cheese in the UK, the part I am in anyway, is extremely dry. I actually have to chew it. Need to figure out how to make it taste better.

MM
08-02-2005, 09:11 PM
What's your weightlifting session like? IE, your split, exercises, etc.

beanimanius
08-07-2005, 12:43 PM
I don't have a routine right now. I am torn between doing the upper/lower and like chest/tricep, back/bicep, legs/shoulder. I have read good things about the WBB1 workout but am not looking to bulk at the moment.

I have been thinking about trying:

- chest/tricep
- back/bicep
- legs/shoulders

2 to 3 exercises per muscle group
3 to 4 sets per exercise
I am going to start off with 12/10/8/6 reps and see how that feels. Later on maybe up to 15/12/10/8 until I can get my weight down and then start on gaining some lean muscle. Maybe with WBB1.

On top of lifting I have five cardio sessions a week lasting an hour. Only twenty to thirty minutes is continuous cardio the rest is like push ups and sit ups.

beanimanius
08-08-2005, 01:33 PM
Today I hit the weight room.

Reps - Weight

Chest Press:
15 - 40
12 - 55
10 - 70
8 - 85

Fly:
15 - 25
12 - 40
12 - 55
8 - 100
6 - 150

Tricept Extension:
15 - 40
12 - 65
10 - 75
8 - 85

Tricept Extension:
15 - 40
12 - 60
10 - 70
8 - 85

If your looking at this and it seems a bit weird its because these were done on machines. I am a freeweight noob but after complete review I think I can handle it. I do want to keep one week of machines in my routine like once every month or couple of months. The main problem right now is figuring out what to start my weight at and where to go from there. Just experimentation right now and someday I will get it right. Keep a log and go back to it to keep my sessions from being worthless.

Also go in 25 minutes on a treadmill and then another 13 minutes. I am going to go with 15/12/10 and try to have enough weight that I can't do anymore. Good things to come. Wednesday I face my fear - Free Weights!!

Nelly
08-08-2005, 02:08 PM
Hi beanimanius,

Good luck with your progress. i just started back at the gym today and it felt good. I'm currently trying the WBB #1 program which can be found at http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=44636 People on here had good things about it. Change it up if you want to. Lots of people to help you. Anyhow..Time to go get some more water in me! Feels like I'm going to explode!

Nelly :D

beanimanius
08-13-2005, 02:01 PM
Thursday: Back | bar weight not included
Weight - Reps

Standing Row - Ez Bar
15 - 15
20 - 12
30 - 10
40 - 8

Lat Pull Down
42.5 - 15
57.5 - 12
72.5 - 10
80 - 8

Sitting Preacher Curls - Ez Bar
10 - 15
20 - 12
30 - 10
20 - 8

Standing Hammer Curls - DB
15 - 10
15 - 8
15 - 6

Saturday: Legs - WWB1

Squats - BB
45 - 15
95 - 8
105 - 8

Hack Squats - BB
75 - 8
50 - 8

Leg Curls
60 - 8
80 - 8

Straight Legged Deadlifts - BB
75 - 8
75 - 10

Standing Cavle Raises - BB
55 - 10
75 - 10
95 - 12
115 - 12

I am going to expirement with the WBB1 routine to see if I can trim down my waist without the low weight high reps sessions. I hate feeling like I'm not even working out. I almost have to burn out during the sessions to even feel anything. The gym I worked out in today sucked. There wasn't a squat rack so my spotter ended up trying to pull the weight off of a bench set and then set it on my shoulders while I was at the bottom of the squat, very awkward. Awkward is an awkward word. Anyway the workout today sucked and if you notice I forgot to do shoulders this week. I knew I was forgeting something. I am going to have to alter my cardio sessions. I have hit a ceiling doing cardio 6 days a week. My pushups and situps keep getting worse. I am going to lay off of those for the next couple of days see if that helps.

I was thinking for my cardio:
Long session beginning of the week | two - three miles.
Easy session the middle of the week | stationary bike 20 minutes
Short instense session the end of the week | 10 - 20 minutes HIIT

beanimanius
08-27-2005, 01:39 PM
Wife had our first last week so I've taken two weeks off. Hit the gym a couple of times last week before the baby but didn't get them in here. Be back next week.