PDA

View Full Version : Another perspective of cardio...

MasterOfPuppets
07-25-2005, 06:51 PM
Most people think that the best time to do cardio is to go first think in the morning, after having a small protein shake. Well, I have discovered a new philosophy as to when to do cardio.

Here's something to think about: While lifting, you are using the glycogen that is stored in your body, correct? The point of doing cardio is to burn fat. In order to do this, you have to burn the glycogen stores first, so my point is: why not do cardio after lifting and your PWO protein shake? Your glycogen stores are depleted, so it will be easier to burn fat, and since you drank a protein shake, you'll be in an anabolic, muscle-building state.

The only thing I see wrong with this concept is that your body needs lots of nutrients immediately after a workout, and if you put simple sugars to get the protein/ nutrients to your body quickly after lifting, this will restore glycogen stores, destroying the point of this topic. Anyone have thoughts on this?

MOP

Mr Joshua
07-25-2005, 07:13 PM
I think you're giving yourself a little too much credit with the word "discovered".

MasterOfPuppets
07-25-2005, 07:18 PM
I think you're giving yourself a little too much credit with the word "discovered".
By that, I meant that I found a discussion somewhere.

And, btw, I just thought of something else to consider: cortisol levels.

MOP :evillaugh

wrestlemaniac
07-25-2005, 07:31 PM
and by thought do you mean "read a new post"?

There are people on here that do this. I run a few miles home then do some skipping then whatever else (once I get into cardio 'mode' I kind of lose myself in it...). The only time I don't do it is squat day. Squat day I come crawling home puking.

MasterOfPuppets
07-25-2005, 07:46 PM
and by thought do you mean "read a new post"?

Actually, no.

MOP