PDA

View Full Version : How to maintain diets during school

Wrestler08FB
07-27-2005, 08:11 AM
Any thoughts? I am asking this because my school year is coming up in about a month or so, and I don't know how i'm going to be able to fit in all my meals during school.

Unreal
07-27-2005, 08:13 AM
Whats the problem? Are you locked in a class from 8-5 with no breaks? I find school makes it far easier to stick to a plan.

Wrestler08FB
07-27-2005, 09:23 AM
Actually yes, I am treasurer of the Wrestling team and on the student council this year, and I have literally no breaks in school. I was wondering if there are gels out there that are efficient enough to give you an entire meal.

Unreal
07-27-2005, 09:31 AM
Gels?

Pack a sandwich or two, a few protein shakers, protein bars, fruits, nuts, granola, cereal, etc and eat. I don't see the problem.

jordonwuff
07-27-2005, 09:35 AM
I kind of have the same problem.. I don't have time to make it to my locker every break, and most of my classes are normally on the second floor of the building on the complete opposite side of the stairway to go downstairs. Then I have to travel to the other side of the school once downstairs, outside, walk a bit to the Tech School for another class. Then after that class I have to do the same thing backwards upstairs and everything.. I don't have much time to use my locker, so I hardly use it at all. Any ideas on what we should do?

--Jordon

Nuts
07-27-2005, 09:38 AM
Meal Replacement Bars. They're not the best option, but they'll work.

Paul Stagg
07-27-2005, 10:30 AM
Just do the best you can. You'll survive. A solid breakfast, a good meal at lunchtime (schools do still have lunch breaks, yes?), and a meal after school will be fine.

Don't sweat the details - get the big stuff right all the time, and do your best to get the little stuff right when you can, and you'll be fine.

CB
07-27-2005, 10:40 AM
You could always start carrying an extra backpack for all your food for the day. I had to do that for a few semesters in college when I had back-to-back classes (sometimes even overlapping classes). Also during college, I didn't have a locker so this was the next best thing. Where there's a will, there's a way! Good luck.

Coleman
07-27-2005, 11:45 AM
Try eating just 4 big meals a day. When I was in school, I ate at 8am, 12pm, 4pm and 8pm.

Shao-LiN
07-27-2005, 06:27 PM
You carry a backpack with you, don't you? No time to go to locker? Put food in backpack...problem solved.

cordes
07-27-2005, 09:24 PM
You carry a backpack with you, don't you? No time to go to locker? Put food in backpack...problem solved.

I agree, I had a bucket of protein, some olive oil, a jar of oats, cinamon etc. all in my backpack and my hands while in college. It can be done, and I think it is actually easier than making it into the gym everyday when you get it down.

mrwalken
07-27-2005, 09:44 PM
Actually yes, I am treasurer of the Wrestling team and on the student council this year, and I have literally no breaks in school. I was wondering if there are gels out there that are efficient enough to give you an entire meal.

go with the strawberry gel.

southside
07-27-2005, 11:07 PM
You could always start carrying an extra backpack for all your food for the day. I had to do that for a few semesters in college when I had back-to-back classes (sometimes even overlapping classes). Also during college, I didn't have a locker so this was the next best thing. Where there's a will, there's a way! Good luck.

bring a tape recorder to all your classes and a big bag of food, and just eat the food lol

Shark
07-27-2005, 11:20 PM
I'm sorry but this is a ridiculous question. You can't find time to eat?

I can eat a 1000 calorie sandwich in 5 minutes. Pack two for the day. Eat breakfast, two sandwiches, a shake inbetween, and dinner. That's close to 5000 calories. I wish I had these kind of problems in my life. I can't find time to eat, sheesh.

WBBIRL
07-28-2005, 08:22 AM
Pack food for your lunch, when its lunch time go and get your food and eat it. If theres no way you can make it to your locker then keep meal bars in your pockets and eat them whenever you get a spare moment. Some people even prepare chicken breasts and put them in sandwich bags... fits in your pocket and can be eaten whenever Opportunity knocks.

zer06ame
07-30-2005, 01:39 AM
it's easy to get all the meals in, i actually like lifting when i'm in school, because i stick to the same schedule everyday the entire year (well, half the year when i started lifting)
just bring a protein shake and banana or whatever you want for breakfast, eat it during class (i'm not big on staying awake or paying attention, i need it for muscle growth :D) bring something to eat an hour and a half later, eat lunch, and you should be able to get the rest in once you're home...

Fitnessfreak
08-03-2005, 12:29 AM
Cook your food the night before that worked for me, I cook my big meals and make them smell and look good I cannot help eating them the next day no matter where I am!!

tigo
08-03-2005, 05:05 AM
just eat in between periods..
you have like 5 min to walk there
eat while you walk?
if youre on a cut, then all the better.. you hsould only be eating like 400 cal ameal.. and tahts not so much.. 5 min would be fine

otherwise if you dont jsut eat when you can..
breakfast. breakbtween 3rd and 4th period if i remember correctly.. then lunch.. hten afterschool then dinner.

AzBboy
08-03-2005, 12:49 PM
Say you have to go take a leak, but really go and grub. Or, just eat in class but be sneaky. Trust me, you think THATS tough, try juggling school AND a job and finding time to eat 6 meals.

toki
08-05-2005, 12:26 AM
if your teachers dont freak out when you eat, you're fine. a couple peanut butter and ______ sandwitches wrapped up don't take up much room at all, get a taller skinny container of nuts, throw it in your bag. Start eating the sandwich any time you have a walk to a class, if you're most of the way done when you walk in the door, but the time anyone starts saying anything important you'll already be done.

Haaji Dont Surf
08-05-2005, 09:15 AM
How long will a shake(Whey/Milk) last in a container?

monotone
08-05-2005, 10:10 AM
just eat in every class that isnt an AP class.... you dont need to pay attention in those to get an A anyways.

southside
08-05-2005, 04:01 PM
a warm shake is kinda gross to drink.. be it water or Milk base.

Manveet
08-05-2005, 04:05 PM
I'm sorry but this is a ridiculous question. You can't find time to eat?

I can eat a 1000 calorie sandwich in 5 minutes. Pack two for the day. Eat breakfast, two sandwiches, a shake inbetween, and dinner. That's close to 5000 calories. I wish I had these kind of problems in my life. I can't find time to eat, sheesh.

:withstupi

It's not very hard at all.

BigFada
08-08-2005, 06:41 AM
I agree. Sometimes you are so caught in your daily problems that you really forget to have lunch or to eat your sandwitch. I know how it is .... believe me :(