PDA

View Full Version : My current diet/reaction Enough- ?

Progenerate
07-27-2005, 11:47 AM
I just want to say before I post; this is a great site and it has really helped me to stay focused on my diet and fitness/lifting. :)

I am 17 years old, 6'3"~, 190lbs currently

I have just started lifting recently (2~months) and I decided that if I was going to strain my body I needed to make sure I was providing it with the right kind of nutrition. Iím lifting on a schedule of about 3 days of lifting straight, then 1-2 days of rest depending on my condition. I also attempt to run every other day if possible. Recently I have been feeling really fatigued but I am becoming increasingly satisfied with the leanness of my body. I'm not sure whether to attribute the feeling of fatigue to a lack of calories, or to just general strain from the hard lifting/running. I have been eating strictly healthy starting about 2 weeks ago (no fast food/no candy/no sweets/no soda/etc). As a result of this I have started to eat less in general. It's not that I'm starving myself, I eat until I don't feel hungry, then stop. A general day looks like this (in addition to a variety of multi-vitamins).

breakfast: (after run) a bowl of kashi go-lean soy protein cereal with skim milk, a whey protein shake, and a banana.

Mid morning: protein bar, banana.

Lunch: (chicken, turkey, or pb+j sandwich (1-2)) any fruit I can get my hands on.

mid afternoon: fruit/yogurt/(tuna if I can find)/protein bar if available.

PWO: fruit/ protein shake

dinner: varies widely, always a meal very low in fat (if any) and incredibly healthy (my father had a heart attack so our family cooks very healthy meals) Can vary, but almost always a vegetable dish/rice/and chicken.

If I eat anything after dinner it is strawberries, rice cakes, or cereal.

I only drink Simply Clear (mmm), water, and milk.

The majority of the food I eat is organic, purchased from a seller that sells exclusively in organic food (void of GMO's and pesticides and un-natural growth hormones). The exception being whey protein mix.

I realize I do not have to caloric intake recorded; I need to get working on that. However, are there any suggestions?

getfit
07-27-2005, 11:51 AM
low in fat?

veggies?

getfit
07-27-2005, 11:53 AM
go to www.fitday.com

Progenerate
07-27-2005, 11:56 AM
The only time that I get veggies is at dinner, could that be a problem? What do you mean "low in fat" as in I need to eat more? The majority of the fat in my diet would come from protein bars. Thanks for the tip on fitday.com!

getfit
07-27-2005, 11:59 AM
healthy fats

olive oil
flax oil
egg yolks
nuts
natty pb
avocados
etc...

Progenerate
07-27-2005, 12:05 PM
I eat soy nuts, do those count? mmmm they taste like nothing!

getfit
07-27-2005, 12:08 PM
honestly i haven't tried soy nuts i'm sure they're ok!

get those healthy fats in your diet and up your veggie intake a little!