PDA

View Full Version : IHOP and the Ommlette from Hell!

Nuts
07-28-2005, 11:06 AM
I stopped at IHOP's for breakfast this morning, it was a rare treat. I normally have a granola bar and a protein shake. Anyway, I ordered the steak ommlette, no pancakes, no sauce, just an ommlette. I figured it would be a bit high in fat, but by making it my primary meal I assumed it would be a nice blend of nutrients for the day.

The ommlette was gigantic, about 6" long and maybe 3" in diameter, wrapped with all the goodies inside. Even after seeing the size of the beast, I still ate it thinking, it can't be more than 1000, maybe 1500 calories. Well, after consuming this delicious meal, I went to the internet to find the nutritional data...sadly, IHOP doesn't list nutritional data (probably because it would scare the sh*t out of their customers.) Instead of finding nutritional data, I found out that IHOP apparently loads their ommlettes with pancake batter! Quite the rude awakening indeed!

So my question, does anyone have the slightest idea how many calories I scarfed down this morning? I'm considering starving for the remainder of the day to offset the potential 2000-2500 calories that may have been consumed by yours truly. Truth in advertising my ass.

TJH
07-28-2005, 11:19 AM
Starving yourself will actually be counter productive. Eat your normal 5 more meals in smaller quanities. Try and eat as much good fats and fiber as you can to flush out your system. One meal like that won't hurt much as long as you don't make it a habbit.

-Tim