PDA

View Full Version : Wrestling Season

jopapa1267
07-28-2005, 08:23 PM
Well wrestling season is coming up again and i need help maintaining a low amount of body fat. Right not I am starting to gradually loose weight before wrestling season which is november. Last year i was having trouble keeping that weight. I would usually felt like i had no gas and was always tired. Moreover, a lot of times a few hours before a match i would have to run in a few shirts and a jacket just to lose some water weight which is horrible, but i cant help it.I cant get much sleep either since its during school and my SAT's are coming up, so that wont help either. Could you guys recommend me a meal plan for each day?btw im 150 right now and im following some things you guys reccomended to lose weight. By wrestling season i should be 135-140...probably 140 lol. Thanks in advance.

SW
07-28-2005, 08:44 PM
Find out your maintinence calories for the days leading up to the season, eat 500 calories under that with 1g protein for every lb you weigh, low on the fats end, keep carbs in moderation, you should be just fine by the time you get there, no need to kill yourself to get to that weight.

jopapa1267
07-29-2005, 05:01 PM
The real problem is maintaining that weight, not losing it. Anyway, how am i suppose to eat 140 grams of protein?thanks.

HILL
07-30-2005, 04:12 AM
protein shakes/chicken/turkey( average breast has about 30g protein in)/steak/eggs

shootermcgavin7
07-30-2005, 06:58 AM
When I was in HS, we used to have weigh-ins in the mornings, matches at night; maybe its different in your state.

Anyway, you could dehydrate yourself to hell the day before the match, weigh in at 7:30 am, then inhale carbs and liquids all day and be fine for the match.

It's a wonder half of high school wrestlers in the US aren't dead with some of the $hit that's done to make weight.

bill
07-30-2005, 09:22 AM
The best thing you can do is make sure your in the correct wt class. By checking bf levels and your better off being a healthy 145, or 152 then a depleted 135. Maybe your best bet is to put on some muscle and stay slightly heavier. Overall you might do just as well competition wise also. You don't know for sure what wt class your main competition will be in. Check out wrestling links, Mat talk and such.

jopapa1267
07-30-2005, 07:52 PM
The best thing you can do is make sure your in the correct wt class. By checking bf levels and your better off being a healthy 145, or 152 then a depleted 135. Maybe your best bet is to put on some muscle and stay slightly heavier. Overall you might do just as well competition wise also. You don't know for sure what wt class your main competition will be in. Check out wrestling links, Mat talk and such.
hehe i wish i could do that, but theres just so many spots on varsity. I have to go a certain weight or ill get owned by the other guy who has been wrestling since he was 5 :P

anyway thanks for the advice.

bill
07-31-2005, 09:42 PM
Thought that might be the case. Well check out some wrestling sites. Stay safe, your better off eating healthy and working off calories and weight than starving. That is probably why your strength was low. Try too get with in a few pds of the wt one or two days out then it won't be too hard to make wt. Don't cut wt to soon or diet every day because your body will start conserving calories. Good luck