PDA

View Full Version : I need drastic help

Steve998
07-30-2005, 08:32 PM
:windup: Hi this is my first post here :cool: ok let me start off with:

So I checked out fitday.com thinking I had a slight problem and it turns out I have :(Ö. I want to be weigh about 76KG (167 pounds) before I even think about what I want to do with my body for the rest of my life Iím currently weigh 117KG (258 pounds)... On the scale in the weight section of fitday.com site Iím off the scale for my height of 6ft 4" by 8 pounds, I need drastic help in nutrition exercise isnít really a problem I have a treadmill, weights machine and a set of free weights so I can do a bit of every thing even getting on my face and giving 50 for the corp. I donít mind I just need to loose this weight its starting to get in the way of my life. Can any body give me any advice on what to eat (specific foods) and how I should be spending my day? At the moment Iím so pissed off with my weight I just sit on my arse all day listening to music or watching TV I know thatís bad and completely the opposite thing to do but I need guidance :) A daily routine I could stick to whilst trying to loose this weight would be good or just any advice at allÖ. thanks for your time

sorry if its a little hard to read its like 3:30 am i cant sleep :)

Steve998
07-30-2005, 08:55 PM
its not really the weight im bothered about its the fat if i weigh 117KG but didnt have as much fat then i would be happy then i could start beefing my self up im quite strong as it is from carring about all this extra weight my legs and arms i mean but i just dont know what to do i suppose thats why ive come here to ask all you ripped people how its done :)

getfit
07-30-2005, 09:02 PM
why don't you post up your diet and we'll take it from there and welcome!

Steve998
07-30-2005, 09:18 PM
Hi getfit. My diet consists of rubbish really I just eat what ever is in the house but ill have a look an see if i can write up a pattern Iím sure there is one

first thing i do on a morning is:

Glass of milk (semi skimmed but if thereís only whole ill drink that 2)
Probably cheese on toast or ill grab something out of the fridge like a sausage rollÖ. But I have being known to eat a full English breakfast or not eat anything at all

2day I ate http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=Steve998 and thatís all

most days I just eat crisps and things out of the fridge and every thing in the fridge is like pastry type savory foods Philadelphia spread (cheese spread) on toast and other food that isnít very good for you

I hope this is enough information if not ill write every thing I eat down today and post back :)

getfit
07-30-2005, 09:21 PM
ok

go to the diet/nutriton forum there's a sticky on "what a bodybuilder eats" start there!

Steve998
07-30-2005, 09:24 PM
sweet thanks getfit i tryd searching for what i should eat but the search had an error but now uve pointed me in the right direction :) ill reply back in here if im in need of any more help from you guys

Steve998
07-30-2005, 09:29 PM
ok know I now what I should eat and the water a drink lots of water anyway so no problem there but what about portions of these foods mentioned I donít want to stuff my face with all this stuff on the list and just end up gaining weight (fat) also what about vitamin tablets or things like that are they any use to me also is weight training enough or should I be doing other forms of exercise as well i.e. using the treadmill?

as you can see im completely lost lol

Steve998
07-30-2005, 09:49 PM
i think i need to sort out a daily routeen with times i should eat times i should train so i can stick to somthing but ive no idea where to start

so far i know what i should be eating

getfit
07-31-2005, 04:33 AM
have a look at wbb routines!

zimbo
07-31-2005, 11:34 AM
I'm not sure 167lbs at 6'4" tall is sustainable or healthy but certainly something in the 180 rainge is doable depending on your body composition. I'd recommend setting a goal to lose 50 pounds in the next year. Take a few weeks to figure out how many calories your body burns each day and then shoot for a pound a week. Get plenty of protein, lift weights, and invest in a cardio-vascular program of gradually increasing intensity. So people around here will tell you that cardio work is unnecessary but as part of an all-around fitness program I believe it's fabulous (plus it allows you to eat more).

I'm no poster boy, but I lost 50 pounds and am now trying to build increased endurance (running a marathon and finishing a 200 mile cycling race are appealing to me) while adding muscle mass as part of an ongoing effort--so it can indeed be done.

Good luck!

--Steve

Griffin98
07-31-2005, 02:16 PM
Try a search on John Berardi. He's a fitness guru with some excellent articles on nutrition. After you get a plan worked out, post it and we'll help you finetune it to meet your goals.

Griffin98
07-31-2005, 02:18 PM
Here's a start. I'm pretty sure this is from one of his articles.

"7 Habits of Highly Effective Nutritional Programs".

1. Eat every 2-3 hours, no matter what. You should eat between 5-8 meals per day.

2. Eat complete (containing all the essential amino acids), lean protein with each meal.

3. Eat fruits and/or vegetables with each food meal.

4. Ensure that your carbohydrate intake comes from fruits and vegetables. Exception: workout and post-workout drinks and meals.

5. Ensure that 25-35% of your energy intake comes from fat, with your fat intake split equally between saturates (e.g. animal fat), monounsaturates (e.g., olive oil), and polyunsaturates (e.g. flax oil, salmon oil).

6. Drink only non-calorie containing beverages, the best choices being water and green tea.

7. Eat mostly whole foods (except workout and post-workout drinks).

antor
07-31-2005, 11:48 PM
Hey steve

Im 6ft1 and hovering around 183lbs, I have allways been a skinny guy, My ideal weight would be around 200lbs, I look skinny at 183. 164 is way to skinny! I was this 6 months back and I looked awfull. If I were you I would aim for around 200ish. keep your chin up dude

Steve998
08-05-2005, 04:49 PM
Sorry guys i havent been online in a while ive been busy passing my driving theory test which i passed today :) .... Thanks for all your thoughts and input.