PDA

View Full Version : Question about a cut strategy..

slapshot111
07-30-2005, 10:12 PM
This is a qoute from one of Vito's posts, I wanted to know what everyone else thought of this and if it works good. I'm 16, 6'1", 195lbs, and I've been cutting for about 3 months, haven't lost any weight, but I've been looking a lot better, gaining muscle, and have probably dropped only about 4% bf though.

"I'll throw something else at you if you want, take it for what it's worth, it's a much more hardcore approach. For 3 days eat nothing but protein (1.5g/lb bodyweight) and about 6g of fish oil...for you this would be about 1200 calories. On the 4th day, you have a large refeed (4-6K cals), the purpose of which is to give you some energy for your workouts, but more importantly, to keep your metabolism humming. Your training would have to be adjusted accordingly, ie. workouts would be best done on the refeed day and the day after. I don't know of a diet that works better than this, but like I said, it's pretty hardcore."

So yeah, what do people think of this, and also, what's with the 6g of fish oil? I take a few a day already, but is it essential in a cut like this?

Shao-LiN
07-30-2005, 11:20 PM
Sounds like a PSMF...though I don't know the exact details of it.

Woodward
07-31-2005, 04:39 AM
I'm interested in hearing feedback from someone that's done this before... effective?

zimbo
07-31-2005, 11:20 AM
That kind of diet wouldn't work for me, though it might for some people. For me, what works is to track calories and activity on FitDay and shoot for a daily deficit of 600 calories on cardio days and break-even on rest days. It's not sexy, takes time, but works (for me at least). I try to get 1.5g/lb in protein and good fats--but I also eat the occasional Frosty, candy bar, and/or donut. To completely eliminate those things from my diet is not sustainable long term, at least in my experience.

--Steve