PDA

View Full Version : Coming Out Of A Month Long Rut... Need Some Advice

Mic Soloist
08-01-2005, 12:24 PM
Midway through my cutting cycle I had some events in my life. My diet has been shot to hell since the end of June. I'm getting back into it this week. I've lifted the entire time, so I haven't totally lost everything, but I've lost some muscle and I haven't lost much body fat.

Right now I'm 5'11, 188.

Neck: 16 inches
Arms: 16 inches (cold)
Chest: 44 inches
Waist: 33.5 (at belly button)
Waist: 37 inches (3 inches below belly button)
Thighs: 23.5 inches
Calves: 16 inches

As you can see I've got a serious problem with oblique area fat. I don't carry much fat on my body other than in that area. I'm going to be starting a cycle of Superdrol in about 2 weeks. Between now and then I'd like to work on cutting some of my body fat. I know I can't spot reduce, and I'm pretty good about planning my diet, but I'd like a little advice about what direction I should go in. I feel really small right now compared to where I was before I started cutting. Then I was about 205 w/ 16.75 arms. I really don't want to lose much more muscle, but I've got to knock out some of this fat.

bigpoppapump979
08-01-2005, 12:37 PM
you should sort out your diet before you start the sd, cut the fat now so you can fully bulk

cosmicdebree88
08-01-2005, 01:35 PM
:withstupi You're going to want to not only maximize your gains while on cycle but maintain them after the cycle. You'd be much better off cutting first and then using the SD to bulk back up.

Mic Soloist
08-01-2005, 03:10 PM
I'm going to be cutting for a few weeks before the cycle. If I can cut 5-8 pounds, and 2-3% bf in that time, I'd be happy. I am not fat by any stretch, but I have some fat around my lower waist, oblique area.

Sensei
08-01-2005, 04:28 PM
Midway through my cutting cycle I had some events in my life. My diet has been shot to hell since the end of June. I'm getting back into it this week. I've lifted the entire time, so I haven't totally lost everything, but I've lost some muscle and I haven't lost much body fat.

Right now I'm 5'11, 188.

Neck: 16 inches
Arms: 16 inches (cold)
Chest: 44 inches
Waist: 33.5 (at belly button)
Waist: 37 inches (3 inches below belly button)
Thighs: 23.5 inches
Calves: 16 inches

As you can see I've got a serious problem with oblique area fat. I don't carry much fat on my body other than in that area. I'm going to be starting a cycle of Superdrol in about 2 weeks. Between now and then I'd like to work on cutting some of my body fat. I know I can't spot reduce, and I'm pretty good about planning my diet, but I'd like a little advice about what direction I should go in.

You have really pretty good measurements, but I don't know how someone could have those measurements at 5'11" and 188 unless you are pretty soft everywhere... I would work on increasing my lean muscle mass (not "bulking") before I'd bother with "cutting" (if it were me...). Just a thought.

Mic Soloist
08-01-2005, 06:58 PM
i would hope that the superdrol will help increase my lean muscle mass. i'm not soft everywhere, but im also not nearly as defined as id like to be.

Sensei
08-02-2005, 06:34 AM
I don't know what Superdrol is to be honest with you. Is it a steroid or a supplement? If it's a supplement, then good luck. If it's a steroid, then yes.

My point is that to get rid of the visceral fat, you're going to be "cutting" for a while and you'll end up weighing <170 at 5'11" before the whole thing is over. If it were me, I would work on at least maintaining my weight while trying to lose the fat. That way you won't look like MNM when you're finished. Maybe that's you're plan anyway and if so, nevermind.

TJH
08-02-2005, 05:15 PM
I'm going to be cutting for a few weeks before the cycle. If I can cut 5-8 pounds, and 2-3% bf in that time, I'd be happy. I am not fat by any stretch, but I have some fat around my lower waist, oblique area.

That's quite a bit to cut if you just looking at cutting fat and not muscle in a couple weeks. Either give it more time, or just clean up your diet over the next couple weeks, keep up the calories for the most part and kick up the cardio so your you get the most out of the cycle.

-Tim

cosmicdebree88
08-02-2005, 06:19 PM
I don't know what Superdrol is to be honest with you. Is it a steroid or a supplement? If it's a supplement, then good luck. If it's a steroid, then yes.

My point is that to get rid of the visceral fat, you're going to be "cutting" for a while and you'll end up weighing <170 at 5'11" before the whole thing is over. If it were me, I would work on at least maintaining my weight while trying to lose the fat. That way you won't look like MNM when you're finished. Maybe that's you're plan anyway and if so, nevermind.

Superdrol is a steroid. Many report an increase of 10-15lbs LBM over a 4wk cycle. Mainly dry gains and a large increase in vascularity. However, it only seems logical to me that one would go into a cycle bulking and trying to gain as much as possible. This way it seems you would get the most out of the steroid. Also, if you are already unhappy with your bf% it seems that maintaining your weight during PCT would be difficult as you may put on a few lbs of fat.

HahnB
08-02-2005, 07:11 PM
Nobody is gaining 10-15lbs of muscle in 4 weeks with a junk supplement like superdrol.

cosmicdebree88
08-02-2005, 07:44 PM
Well, I won't know for sure unless I try it and I really don't plan on trying it. I'd rather go for some test/dbol when the time comes. However, many do report gains of that magnitude from these cycles. Check out some of the logs over at www.Anabolicminds.com most are more along the lines of 8 or 9 lbs but there are a few that gained 10-15 lbs.

Mic Soloist
08-02-2005, 07:58 PM
i personally know 2 people that have gained 15-20 pounds on superdrol. Also putting more than 1 inch on their arms. That **** is no joke

HahnB
08-02-2005, 08:20 PM
10-15lbs maybe, but that isn't pure muscle. It's a combination of muscle, water and fat. It isn't possible to put on 15lbs of muscle in 4 weeks with superdrol.

cosmicdebree88
08-02-2005, 08:31 PM
i personally know 2 people that have gained 15-20 pounds on superdrol. Also putting more than 1 inch on their arms. That **** is no joke

What were the cycle lengths, bf increases, amount of muscle maintained, etc. 15-20 lbs seems like an awful lot from a SD cycle...

10-15lbs maybe, but that isn't pure muscle. It's a combination of muscle, water and fat. It isn't possible to put on 15lbs of muscle in 4 weeks with superdrol.

SD actually has a mild diuretic property to it. There is very little (if any) water retention. However, I do question how much fat is actually gained by some of these people.

Mic Soloist
08-02-2005, 08:59 PM
a friend on mine has been on it for 5 weeks taking 20/20/30/30/40mg. He has put on 16 pounds, one inch on his arm, and dropped BF.

And he only works out 3 times per week. I told him his dose is high, but his results have been great....

oh, and he went on a weekend long oxycotton binge in the middle of the cycle. Considering these factors, his progress is great.

cosmicdebree88
08-02-2005, 09:48 PM
Wow, that's pretty intense. Most people use doses of 10-20mg ED rarely have I seen someone use 40mg. 5 weeks is also a pretty long cycle considering SD is a methyl which will f*ck your liver with prolonged use. None the less 16lbs is great considering he has dropped bf.

As for the oxycontin binge, sounds like fun... AFTER the cycle is finished :bash: if I'm not mistaken methyl steroids + oxycontin=pretty f*cked liver

Mic Soloist
08-03-2005, 08:54 PM
right...