PDA

View Full Version : Caffeine Pills for maximum effectiveness!

Nuts
08-01-2005, 01:49 PM
After reading a few posts regarding the use of caffeine pre-workout, I decided to get some for a trial run. I have several questions.

1. How long would you reccommend I take the caffeine prior to workout? I want to get the maximum effect. I was figuring 30 minutes?

2. I know that coffee can cause severe withdrawl when I go without after drinking it for a period of time. What about pills, will I experience the same level of withdrawl if I fail to take the pills prior to workout? I would hate to se myself up for a fall like that.

tholian8
08-01-2005, 01:52 PM
If you get habituated to caffeine, yes indeed you will get an awful headache when you fail to take the pills. Tapering off can help.

getfit
08-01-2005, 01:53 PM
when i do take them i take them 30 mins prior to my workout! but i rarely take caffeine tabs only when i'm feeling tired gives me the extra boost needed!

Stray
08-01-2005, 04:46 PM
30-45 min before working out would be fine.

Don't eat em like M&Ms and you'll be fine regarding withdraw

Nuts
08-01-2005, 06:41 PM
Post Workout Report!

Please, if I ever mention caffeine pills again, somebody e-slap me in the face, please! I took 400mg of caffeine (Yes, apparently I lack brain cells enough to comprehend what that would do to me.) While I experienced the best workout of my life, I also became very ill. To make matters worse, I took the pills on an empty stomach.....yeah, I know, I lack brain cells.

So here I am almost 3 hours later feeling a bit better, but still very shaky and very unstable. Let's call this a lesson learned and move on from here shall we. Next time I'll settle for a pint of orange juice prior to workout.

Ugh.

getfit
08-01-2005, 06:52 PM
oh my! feed yourself then take!

i take 2 when i need them and i feel like i can chase a plane down the runway :p

Nuts
08-01-2005, 07:02 PM
Ohhh, now you tell me! lol

I stopped at Wendy's to get an unsweetened Iced Tea, and I'll bet the drive thru clerk thought I was high. My eyes were glassed over and bloodshot!

getfit
08-01-2005, 07:05 PM
but then again Nuts alot of people take them on an empty stomach well people i know but i think if you eat something before hand it's better IMHO!

Nuts
08-01-2005, 07:06 PM
Agreed. :) I need to ask Built how she manages with 1000mg a day! I think I would die twice.

getfit
08-01-2005, 07:10 PM
i'd become a rocket on 1000mg i'm already high as is i guess i'm senstive to those things :p