PDA

View Full Version : Are my fat/carb/protein ratios ok?

Nongan
08-02-2005, 10:19 PM
Ok, so today was the first day ive made an attempt to change my diet, and here's my numbers: 1846 calories, 70 grams of fat (34 % of total calories), 182 carbs (37% of total calories), and 132 grams of protein (29% of total calories). I'm 15 yrs. old, 145 pounds, 5'10", and very active. Other than maybe reducing carbs a bit, does everything else look o.k.?

Btw, here's what I ate
Egg, whole, cooked, scrambled (2 servings); Wheat, cream of, cooked, regular, fat not added in cooking (1 serving); Peanut butter (2 servings); Tortilla, whole wheat (1 serving); Protein Shake(3 servings); Sausage & Mushroom Pizza (1 serving); Bread stick, soft (2 serving); Milk, cow's, fluid, 2% fat (20 oz.)

Shao-LiN
08-02-2005, 11:21 PM
Ratios aren't all that important. As long as protein is high (1-1.5 grams per pound of LBM or bodyweight), fat isn't insanely low, then you're good to go. The rest is manipulating the macros further to give you the calorie total you want.

From first glance, I would say you aren't eating enough. I'm assuming you are bulking as your height and weight lead me to believe you are a twig. At 5'8" and 140-145, I was pretty thin.

Nongan
08-03-2005, 12:25 AM
Yeah, I'm trying to put on weight, but I'd like to keep it muscle, not fat, though while bulking, i know fat gain is inevitable. I'm not a "twig", though I am thin. I used to be 90 pounds and 5'7" before I started lifting about 7 months ago, so I'm quite alot bigger than back then.