PDA

View Full Version : new back shot, hopefully showing a little thickness

GMCtrk
08-02-2005, 10:11 PM
Just took this now, I think I have a little thickness, but NO width, what are some good exercises for width. Mostly all I do for back now is heavy dead and rows. thanks!

GMCtrk
08-02-2005, 10:14 PM
heres a shot showing the fact that I have no width :(

Hockey66
08-02-2005, 10:22 PM
Pullups!

D Breyer
08-02-2005, 10:23 PM
yea man, work your lats... nice thickness though, keep workin bro

MixmasterNash
08-02-2005, 10:50 PM
Pullups!
:withstupi

And then more pullups!

GMCtrk
08-02-2005, 11:06 PM
the reason I have never do pullups is becuase I aim to shape my workouts after BCC. If you read his old journal through (as I have) all you ever see is bench, squats, deads, and BB rows over and over again, as heavy as he could go. So I figured if I followed that (which i do) then i could get width to in addition to thickness

Canadian Crippler
08-02-2005, 11:49 PM
Why would you necessarily follow his methods? He was getting in competition shape after 4+ years of training and had some "assistance". You don't apply to any of those factors...

Get in some heavy pullups as well.

KevinStarke
08-03-2005, 01:07 AM
Weight pull ups man, way to do it.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
08-03-2005, 02:58 AM
:withstupi

Weighted pull ups are great.

GMCtrk
08-03-2005, 06:14 AM
Why would you necessarily follow his methods? He was getting in competition shape after 4+ years of training and had some "assistance". You don't apply to any of those factors...

Get in some heavy pullups as well.

becuase what he was doing is universal. He was not getting in competition shape, he was building mass. Assistance or not, why would that matter in terms of choosing which exercises to do?

Canadian Crippler
08-03-2005, 07:48 AM
Nothing wrong with it for say, but what works for Chase might not work for you. And vice versa. That's why I think it's better to take your own journey and figure things out.

Either way, invest some time in a vertical row as well. And your arms look good!

MM
08-03-2005, 08:12 AM
becuase what he was doing is universal. He was not getting in competition shape, he was building mass. Assistance or not, why would that matter in terms of choosing which exercises to do?

My guess? Chase's back was already very developed and wide when he was using that routine. If you're hoping to widen your back, it makes sense to do exercises that target that area. You say you want width. Well, do exercises that will increase width, even if Chase was just building mass.

GMCtrk
08-03-2005, 01:08 PM
Either way, invest some time in a vertical row as well.

Hmm, upright rows??? I pretty much threw those in the garbage after Yates called them trash in blood n guts