PDA

View Full Version : Sweet potatoes fries

millertime
12-17-2001, 04:38 PM
What do you people think of sweet potatoes fries? because I just ate a big plate of them.:) I remeber hearing somewhere that sweet potatoes are better then potatoes.

Delphi
12-17-2001, 05:10 PM
Sounds good, but I've never had 'em. I would imagine they'd be comparable nutrition-wise to potato fries. I like sweet potato pie- pretty good knock-off for pumpkin pie.:)

They're still fried, though.:(

Tryska
12-17-2001, 05:11 PM
they taste yummy.

but they are still deep-fried starch. although, it means the vit a and beta carotene in them will be readily absorbed.

Prelude
12-18-2001, 09:40 AM
If you spray or brush some olive oil on the baking pan, you can bake them and it will come out crunchy. You can even slice them thinly and do the same to make some chips. It wouldn't taste as good as the ones you buy from the grocery but at least it doesn't have too much salt and saturated and trans fats.

Prelude
12-18-2001, 09:41 AM
Is sweet potatoe the same thing as yams?

Tryska
12-18-2001, 09:42 AM
although...those olive oil chips you can find in gourmet stores aren't bad. they've got a sweet potato chip if i'm not mistaken. the ingredients are: potatoes, olive oil, sea salt.

not bad, huh?

Prelude
12-18-2001, 10:04 AM
I tried them but didn't like it. They're too dry.

the doc
12-18-2001, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Prelude
If you spray or brush some olive oil on the baking pan, you can bake them and it will come out crunchy. You can even slice them thinly and do the same to make some chips. It wouldn't taste as good as the ones you buy from the grocery but at least it doesn't have too much salt and saturated and trans fats.

This is very good! Use some spray olive or canola oil.
Slice them thin and keep the skin on

yummy!!!

Reinier
12-18-2001, 12:40 PM
i was thinking of a way to get rid of some soy i still have without throwing up so i put 2 egg whites, a full egg and a scoop of soy together and mixed that up well and made an omelet out of it.

it goes all weird, its strong stuff youd have to really pull it to break it (sick). but its more edible than any other way i tried to eat that ****.

IceRgrrl
12-18-2001, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Prelude
Is sweet potatoe the same thing as yams?

I think what most people refer to as "sweet potatoes" are actually yams. There are such things as true sweet potatoes, but they look more like a regular potato and are not as sweet nor as orange as a yam.

the doc
12-18-2001, 12:52 PM
actually according to the sweet potato council, sweet potatos are both white and orange and actually are commonly called yams

True yams though actually are native to Asia(?) and look like an enormous piece of ginger

Tryska
12-18-2001, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Reinier
i was thinking of a way to get rid of some soy i still have without throwing up so i put 2 egg whites, a full egg and a scoop of soy together and mixed that up well and made an omelet out of it.

it goes all weird, its strong stuff youd have to really pull it to break it (sick). but its more edible than any other way i tried to eat that ****.

and this has what to do with sweet potato fries??

right on doc. i was just gonna say that....til i scrolled down. :D