PDA

View Full Version : Nutri Grain bars?

NormalDude
08-03-2005, 02:47 PM
Are these bars suitable as part of a diet or are they complete garbage? I had one with 8oz of cottage cheese, The lable is as follows

total fat 3g
saturated .5g

cholest 0

sodium 110mg

total carbs 27g
fiber 1 g
sugar 13g

protein 2g

getfit
08-03-2005, 02:48 PM
and how much amount of sugar is in there as well?

NormalDude
08-03-2005, 02:51 PM
13 g of sugar

getfit
08-03-2005, 02:53 PM
oh sorry i didn't read that part!

dunno i'm not fond of those type of bars! i'd rather have my cottage cheese with fruit!

NormalDude
08-03-2005, 02:55 PM
The bar is ok if you mash it in the cottage cheese. But I was just wanting to see if it was ok as a sub to fruit or another carb.

getfit
08-03-2005, 02:57 PM
i'd rather have some cottage cheese on rice cakes and some mixed berries on top
that's just me! :)

ReelBigFish
08-03-2005, 04:44 PM
personally I wouldn't eat rice cakes or those bars. Rice cakes are extremely high gi and the bars are no better being loaded with sugar, and white flour.

getfit
08-03-2005, 04:48 PM
fine, but 1 rice cake won't do any harm! there's worse things out there that you can eat right?

waynis
08-03-2005, 04:51 PM
ingredients:

enriched wheat flour, corn syrup, whole oats, raspberry preserves (...), sugar, partially hydrogenated soybean and/or cottonseed oil, glycerin, maltodextrin, honey, dextrose, natural and artificial flavors, nonfat dry milk, sodium alginate, wheat bran, modified corn starch, salt, cellulose gum, potassium bicarbonate, lecithin, citric acid, xanthan gum, calcium phosphate, malic acid, whey protein concentrate, red #40, blue #1.

artificial flavors.. so your not getting real fruit, preservatives and artificial colorings, trans fat. They are junk and not very nutritional.

NormalDude
08-03-2005, 05:07 PM
ingredients:

enriched wheat flour, corn syrup, whole oats, raspberry preserves (...), sugar, partially hydrogenated soybean and/or cottonseed oil, glycerin, maltodextrin, honey, dextrose, natural and artificial flavors, nonfat dry milk, sodium alginate, wheat bran, modified corn starch, salt, cellulose gum, potassium bicarbonate, lecithin, citric acid, xanthan gum, calcium phosphate, malic acid, whey protein concentrate, red #40, blue #1.

artificial flavors.. so your not getting real fruit, preservatives and artificial colorings, trans fat. They are junk and not very nutritional.

ANswer I needed