PDA

View Full Version : Milkshakes vs. Burritos for my Bulk?

John04Civic
08-03-2005, 07:46 PM
Well during my lunchbreak I get to either go to Taco Bell or McDonalds.

McDonald's Large Milkshake has 1110 cals and 25gs of protein by a lot of sugars/carbs it costs around $3.70

Taco Bell has the 1/2 lb beef burrito combo and it is $1.29 a piece. I usually eat 2 (2.73 after tax) or 3 (4.00 after tax). These are 390 cals and 18gs or protein each.

Both are high in cholesterol also, but Taco Bell is higher than McDonalds

Which would you recommend I do? Do you possibly know of a cheaper substitute?

Gutz981
08-03-2005, 07:51 PM
How about a clean bulk? I dunno bout you but I can't ever bulk with ****y stuff

John04Civic
08-03-2005, 07:54 PM
How about a clean bulk? I dunno bout you but I can't ever bulk with ****y stuff
This is what confuses me though, I've tried bulking clean. I just can't do it. I end up losing weight!

Gutz981
08-03-2005, 08:01 PM
Well you just gotta think...clean...Chicken breast...Now just eat a ****LOAD of it...and you got yourself a clean bulk...however...It does get repetitive but you get over it :evillaugh:

John04Civic
08-03-2005, 08:04 PM
Well you just gotta think...clean...Chicken breast...Now just eat a ****LOAD of it...and you got yourself a clean bulk...however...It does get repetitive but you get over it :evillaugh:
I'll look into chicken breast..

I usually have a badass breakfast, ( Lots PB and toast, Oatmeal, and OJ ), but it is in the daytime is where I slip and it begins to drag me down. I need to get a food and just go from there.. I'ma thinkin I'll get some chicken breast from the store next time I get paid.

How much cals does chicken breast usually have?

I just read the facts on what was in the freezer.. 1 boneless breasts = 220 cals and 46gs of protein. Any good healthy "toppings?" I was thinking 2 slices of bread on each which would about about 200 to 400, and healthier carbs.

Grandmother says she is gonna make me some for lunch Friday!! I'll have it with a side of tuna and hit over 100gs in one meal!!!!

pbsteve09
08-03-2005, 08:31 PM
well id deffinatly pick the burritos over the milkshake if you were to pick the between the 2. I dont see how a milkshake offers any benifit over a burrito, even if they both are made with cats and dogs.

TOBART
08-03-2005, 10:47 PM
I can think of a million cheaper substitutes. Are you in a situation where you absolutly have to eat fast food every day for lunch?

I've tried the fast food for bulking diet and it didn't work for me at all. I'd eat something like 3 big macs and some fries for lunch, that was a good 1500+ calories but I felt bloated and there was no way I could eat again for another 4-5 hours. I didn't grow at all during that time, my lifts sucked... but surprisingly I didnt get fat.

Shao-LiN
08-03-2005, 11:23 PM
This is what confuses me though, I've tried bulking clean. I just can't do it. I end up losing weight!

Eat more.

Fitnessfreak
08-04-2005, 12:11 AM
All I read was milkshake and I started drooling.

Eat more clean stuff, or try something semihealthy like 12 inch chicken breast sub with cheese at subway those are like 1200 calories.

CarlP
08-04-2005, 06:28 AM
Drink milk, make your own shakes.

HILL
08-04-2005, 10:10 AM
if your bulking eat both of them

FighterInSnatch
08-04-2005, 11:44 AM
I would say if your body fat is naturally low, like your skin and bones. Eat whatever the fck you want to. Mcondalds is a good start. Oh and lots of peanut butter, its pure calories,fat and protein.

Ps I'm prolly gonna get burned for this. :)

-Ryan

twm
08-04-2005, 02:00 PM
whole milk + whey + 3-4 tbsp. natty pb + oats + olive oil + splenda

Much better than mcdonalds.. but possibly not quite as good as a steak burrito

Hatred
08-04-2005, 03:56 PM
Throw a scoop of the appropriate flavored whey into the shake.
then dip your burrito in it.

pbsteve09
08-04-2005, 04:49 PM
In chicago here we have el famous burrito. Its the size of a football, any kind of meat you want, lettuce, cheese and tomatoes....all for 5 bux. So if you can find some burrito place with REAL meat in it...id go for that with a bulk. Because im right along with you, i cannot bulk alone on a super clean diet...too expensive. I need something more with a high caloric punch with a cheap price tag (just of course keep it in a real moderation) and always stick to the protein, whole wheat carbs, etc.

CarlP
08-04-2005, 07:02 PM
Throw a scoop of the appropriate flavored whey into the shake.
then dip your burrito in it.

"I can hear you getting fatter!" - David Spade in Tommy Boy

IdaMAN
08-04-2005, 07:20 PM
Have a few of Zygote's pork sammiches. That should do the trick lol.

John04Civic
08-04-2005, 08:01 PM
Well guys I think you will be happier with my lunch tomorrow

2 chicken breast samwiches + leftover mac/cheese This alone should boost me to 100gs or close to it.

I may even throw in a small can of tuna for good measure. Should I?

bill
08-04-2005, 08:25 PM
Eat both a couple of times a day. Just seeing your stats, if you want some size your going to have eat! Wait until you actually gain wt to worry about a clean bulk. I'm not so most of your meals shouldn't be healthy and lower fat, but not many people get truly big worrying about a few big macs.

CB
08-04-2005, 09:00 PM
If you're naturally lean, eating some junk here and there won't be too bad. Just everything in moderation. Personally, I like the "1 Pound Double Six Dollar Burger" from Car'ls Jr. Their sister store Hardees has a similar burger. I think it tops out at over 1400 cals. Good stuff though! I gotta have one every now and then whether I'm bulking or cutting.