PDA

View Full Version : My stuff and goals...

GoHeavyLifter
08-04-2005, 08:25 AM
dd

Miguel Zambia
08-04-2005, 10:35 AM
Good Lord!

Man, there are some strong young guys in this world.

drew
08-04-2005, 10:45 AM
Nice sled dude. You should add some posts though to keep the weight from falling off.

I like to push my car around a parking lot for GPP :D

GoHeavyLifter
08-04-2005, 11:33 AM
yep, you're right Drew. I'm allready looking forward to the next GPP session, there's a very nice feeling that's comes over me when doing them.

maybe I begin to like the suffering too much :p

drew
08-04-2005, 11:34 AM
Or the vomiting. lol

KevinStarke
08-04-2005, 11:35 AM
Great stats man, we compete at similar weights, just have to get somequipment. What kind of bench shirt do you recommend?

GoHeavyLifter
08-04-2005, 11:39 AM
Or the vomiting. lol

so I'm not the only one...

GoHeavyLifter
08-04-2005, 11:43 AM
Great stats man, we compete at similar weights, just have to get somequipment. What kind of bench shirt do you recommend?

I really don't know what to recommend. I'm using a double denim right now, but it's stil hard to find the groove for me... I'm going to do alot of board presses with the shirt first I think

I heard the titan fury and the rage X rock too, but I haven't tried them yet...

I think to start it's best to buy some type of single ply inzer shirt. maybe later you can try something else.

but I have to admit it's reallt nice to wear these denims, they're custom made and it takes exactely 30sec to put it on :) :)

KevinStarke
08-04-2005, 11:52 AM
Yah im thinking of getting a single ply poli, never used a shirt though so i'm just gonna try a bunch out. I just really wanna find an experienced powerlifter i know in real life that could show me just how to use it. Your deadlift and squat are great man.

GoHeavyLifter
08-04-2005, 11:57 AM
Yah im thinking of getting a single ply poli, never used a shirt though so i'm just gonna try a bunch out. I just really wanna find an experienced powerlifter i know in real life that could show me just how to use it. Your deadlift and squat are great man.

thx man!

I edited my last post, I think too you should start with a single ply. But be carefull that your first experience with shirted benchin' is good!! or you will really dislike it for some time...

KevinStarke
08-04-2005, 12:06 PM
Hey man if it'll give my competition bench the gains other people are getting i'll deal whatever pain it gives, its not fun lifting raw and an equipment friendly comp...

Sensei
08-04-2005, 12:14 PM
I recently started my preparation for the worlds GPC, training westside style

Current stats: BW: +-165Lbs 4 august 2005
squat: 550Lbs (wraps + belt)
bench:253Lbs (raw)
deadlift: 495Lbs (suit + belt)
total: 1298Lbs

GOAL WORLDS:-165Lbs 17-22 octobre 2005
squat: 550Lbs/572Lbs official suited
bench: 286Lbs shirted
deadlift: 517lbs suited
total: 1353Lbs/1375Lbs

oh, and I'm 20 y/o, competing in the Junior division.

wish me luck!!

Good luck! If you can get that shirt to work and you have a strong enough lock out, I would think you should be pushing at least 350...

What kind of suit is that? Is that a Titan Boss? Again, if you get your equipment figured out, I think you should be well into the 1400s...

GoHeavyLifter
08-04-2005, 12:16 PM
Hey man if it'll give my competition bench the gains other people are getting i'll deal whatever pain it gives, its not fun lifting raw and an equipment friendly comp...

I agree..

but sometimes people get zero out of their shirt the first time, that can be very hard to deal with. everybody expects big things when they first try a shirt, but the technique is completely different and it's harder to stay tight.

as far as benching in the gym, I like these denims, they don't cut off the blood in your arms when you're working out, you can relax between your sets, you can even take your shirt out between sets, I don't see anyone do that with a poly :evillaugh

GoHeavyLifter
08-04-2005, 12:21 PM
Good luck! If you can get that shirt to work and you have a strong enough lock out, I would think you should be pushing at least 350...

What kind of suit is that? Is that a Titan Boss? Again, if you get your equipment figured out, I think you should be well into the 1400s...

thx Sensei!

I really have to work on my bench, it really sucks.

the suit is also a Karen's Denim. I have some denim briefs too, but I didn't post a picture of them.
For deadlift I use my Inzer champion suit, I'ts a very nice DL suit, but a terrible squat suit:)

KevinStarke
08-04-2005, 12:22 PM
Yah i was looking at open back denims too, i'll just have to feel different shirts out.

GoHeavyLifter
08-04-2005, 12:32 PM
yep, open backs are nice. they are allowed in my federation ( GPC), but they must have a closed neck. strange thing, but who cares...