PDA

View Full Version : at what point recommend being able to take weight gainer

PoutineEh
08-06-2005, 08:40 AM
is weight gainer products recommended only for people who have alot of mass and need the calories, or can anyone take it? i was thinking about buying some cytosport cyto gainer and taking it only after a workout instead of the recommended 3 times a day because i dont think im nearly big enough to justify taking it 3 times a day. is this a bad idea or should i just stick to a protein shake after a workout?

Slim Schaedle
08-06-2005, 09:57 AM
Being a certain size has nothing to do with what you are allowed to put into your body.

The point at which you "may" use it comes when you can no longer get enough calories from food to support growth (or maintenance), or when the shake option becomes more convenient, etc.

YungLifter
08-06-2005, 09:58 AM
:withstupi

WILL006
08-08-2005, 10:57 PM
yo cadana, i take a weightgainer as my postworkout shake. its been getting the job done so far. I take it cause of all the calories and protien and carbs.

MIne contains 596 cals, 90 carbs, and 50g pro. I only take it once a day and the rest of the calories i take threw out the day come from my meals. tHATS JUST ME

PoutineEh
08-09-2005, 05:22 PM
that was what i was thinking too will. perhaps i will give it a shot and see how it goes. thanks for the replies