PDA

View Full Version : What could be causing me diarreah?

Joker32
08-06-2005, 02:55 PM
Theory 1: Ive been eating way too many almonds the past week

Theory 2: Im starting a cutting phase, taking in less fat and more protein...could this cause it? Is it a natural reaction to a new diet or something?

Heres what im doing

Myoplex deluxe twice a day
Turkey sandwich on wheat
Tuna on wheat
Oatmeal & protein bar
Protein bar and apple, other healthy snack thrown in

My diet doesnt shift much from that...any idea?

getfit
08-06-2005, 03:33 PM
get your protein and fats VERY IMPORTANT!

pruneman
08-06-2005, 03:55 PM
That doesn't look like a lot of fiber. Eat your veggies!!! :p

hoser813
08-06-2005, 05:40 PM
yup, second the fiber.

Spartan936
08-07-2005, 06:38 PM
I agree with getfit... fiber speeds up digestion, while protein and fat slow it down. Also remember that most people have stomach problems every once in a while anyways.

Edit: Oh, I just read the almond part. Almonds have a high fat content, and too much fat can go right through you.

I actually suggest that you cut back on both the almonds and the fiber for awhile.

malkore
08-08-2005, 03:46 PM
cut back on the fiber? what fiber? I see maybe 10g of fiber at the most in that meal plan. I'd start up'ing it to 25g a little at a time (to avoid stomach discomfort). Too much bread, not enough oatmeal. Fiber One is a good fiber source low in carbs and doesn't taste like ass.

TJH
08-08-2005, 05:12 PM
When I up my protein amount quickly I have the same problem. I have to work up to anything more then 1 protein shake a day.

-Tim

Built
08-08-2005, 05:53 PM
Protein bars are crap. Ditch them.

And keep your fats up - low fat is a terrible way to cut.

SW
08-08-2005, 06:00 PM
I agree with getfit... fiber speeds up digestion, while protein and fat slow it down. Also remember that most people have stomach problems every once in a while anyways.

Edit: Oh, I just read the almond part. Almonds have a high fat content, and too much fat can go right through you.

I actually suggest that you cut back on both the almonds and the fiber for awhile.

SO TRUE. I used to eat (when I was 10-11) 2-3 bowls of ice cream per day. Every day. I had problems. Ice cream is really good though.

the doc
08-08-2005, 07:43 PM
diarreah can also come from mild food borne illnesses and sudden changes in diet. It should subside reasonably after its onset. If it does not it could indicate serious medical conditions

djreef
08-08-2005, 08:03 PM
I'm with Built. The bars have done nothing but give me stomach troubles. Besides, unless you're on some severe anabolics, and hardcore training everyday, I think the MRPs and your diet should be more than enough as far as protein intake is concerned. In fact I think even that might be overkill. Oh, and I second the fiber thing. More that is.

DJ