PDA

View Full Version : Stating the obvious but.....

Vitalize
08-06-2005, 11:38 PM
Just a thought....
I myself eat clean all the time (even now eating sashimi when it is 35 plus outside...thats tough) but I know a lot of people who have an "anything goes" cheat day, as in eat any crap you want all day.
This amouts to 52 days a year thats almost 2 months of the year wasted eating ****...Thats insane.
Isn't it better to eat clean all the time no matter how hard it is?
Guess it depends on just how bad you want your physique to change.
I know a lot of people would go crazy if you didint eat a little bit of crap but a whole day of it?
Just my 5 cents.

getfit
08-07-2005, 03:16 AM
yes eating clean is better!

but having a cheat day once and awhile makes no difference!

YungLifter
08-07-2005, 05:44 AM
I think cheat days are more for cutting. You need that one day where you get alot carbs etc.

ShockBoxer
08-07-2005, 08:03 AM
I find on my 'cheat' days I eat less calories overall... it's just the ones I get are crap (loaded with sodium, saturated fats, etc). Satisfies the craving for a fast food combo for a while, though.

Gutz981
08-07-2005, 08:31 AM
Stay clean all the time then eventually the want and need for these bad foods goes away and all you know is how to eat clean

dissipate
08-07-2005, 10:21 AM
i agree with getfit.. and also gutz actually.

my cheat days aren't days where i eat absolutely anything i want and don't take caloric intake into consideration.. so i don't think they will kill. but i still prefer to try and stay clean all the time because i find that the more i eat cheat food, the more i want to cheat! after not having anything i consider cheat food for awhile, i don't feel any desire to eat it and actually prefer to stick to good old oats and chicken breast.

HILL
08-07-2005, 12:23 PM
im the same ive gotten to the point were eating pizza actually makes me feel ill as its so greasy. i dnt miss it really

D Breyer
08-07-2005, 03:37 PM
i am the same way hill- i used to LOVE fast food (mcdonalds) now after watching Super Size Me (and eating clean) i wont even drink there water if it is offered to me, needless to say i have no urge to eat it :(

Built
08-07-2005, 03:42 PM
My cheat days are free-for-alls. The worst part is what happens to my bowel the next day. <cringes>

TMI?

Wannabelean
08-08-2005, 11:24 AM
My cheat days are 100% worth it to me. It's like my reward for doing good all week and it keeps me going. Without them I would go crazy. Not to mention I feel stronger the day after a cheat day.

P.S. Girls don't poop!

Lurch
08-08-2005, 01:46 PM
Cheat days are more to "help you stay sane."

I know if it weren't for cheat days/meals, I would have quit awhile ago. There are times you just can't say no to the urges for tasty, fatty, bad for you foods.

Unreal
08-08-2005, 01:49 PM
Cheat days rock, just not too many of them.

Saturday was my worst cheat day yet.

4 Am, 2 Big bowls of wheaties, skim milk
7 Am, IHOP ham/cheese omelet with pancakes
11 Am, Bjs Buffalo Chicken pizza (2/3rds of a large), Avocado Egg rolls, Cookie/Icecream
7 Pm, Mimi's Cafe Teryaki Chicken dinner
8 Pm, 1/4 Marie Calenders Coconut Cream Pie

Felt good to be bad.

pruneman
08-08-2005, 02:28 PM
P.S. Girls don't poop!

Unless you are in the woods, miles away from the nearest facility...then they do. It's like clock-work.

Wannabelean
08-08-2005, 04:56 PM
I know :(

TJH
08-08-2005, 05:10 PM
My cheat days are free-for-alls. The worst part is what happens to my bowel the next day. <cringes>

TMI?

LMAO, that makes two of us.

-Tim

djreef
08-08-2005, 08:13 PM
I don't have a cheat day per se'. But I do have cheat meals - just one per week. Usually, something like a double meat Chick-Fil-A, or a big nasty artery clogger like a triple meat cheeseburger.

DJ