PDA

View Full Version : My maintenance is 1500 to 2000 cal?

ShockBoxer
08-07-2005, 08:21 AM
Well, wrapped up week two of watching what I eat and WBB1.

I started 180. My weight has fluctuated between 177 and 182 but is mostly 180.

Only three times have I passed 2000 calories in the two weeks... and never higher than 2600. My fitday is accurate save for Friday, where I probably knocked back 1500 calories in dessert squares and butter tarts (that's what I get for denying myself desserts and then ending up at a dessert buffet).

But I feel a lot better and my family swears I look thinner through the face and bigger (much) through the shoulders. The start of the recomposition I was hoping for?

Gutz981
08-07-2005, 08:29 AM
Is it the start you were looking for? You tell us...we all have different goals...if your goal is to get big then sir I must say...drop the sweets and go grab some chicken breast cuz its gonna be a long and wild ride...But sir know this...Stay the path tuff it out and you will be greatly rewarded...

That being said...WWB1 is a good starting routine served many very well and I hope does the same to you...Good luck sir

ShockBoxer
08-07-2005, 12:18 PM
I definitely won't be making a habit of hitting the dessert buffet table. Just like eating a Wendy's combo for the first time since I started the other night... it just tasted bad to me.

Hey, a start is a start. I didn't GAIN any weight and I'm stronger than I was so that works for me. I'd like to lose 15 at some point. It just seems odd to have a maintenance that low when others that are a lot lighter have cuts that have more calories. Or is it normal?

Shao-LiN
08-07-2005, 12:30 PM
I'm doubting your maintenance is all that low. If anything, you said you've dropped bodyfat and gained some lean mass. It happens to people just starting to get serious about their diet and training.

ShockBoxer
08-07-2005, 12:46 PM
That would be ideal. In 'mirror delusion land' (the land that the average guy thinks he's exactly 10 stomach crunches away from :rolleyes: ) I weigh 180 and have BF of 10%. Somehow, I doubt I'll be able to maintain 180 the entire time like 10-40% (I've had bf ratings from 21% to 48% so I have no freaking clue) more body fat is melting away. :)

gopher
08-07-2005, 01:59 PM
2 weeks in to it and you've hit a desert buffet and had a Wendy's combo meal? tuttut
If you are serious about seeing results you are going to have to tighten up your diet. A cheat day once a week isn't going to kill you but you still have to be reasonable on your cheat day.

Shao-LiN
08-07-2005, 02:07 PM
Not that bad. The dessert buffet was pretty big, but once a week won't kill you. Wendy's combo meal isn't that bad either. It's one meal.

ShockBoxer
08-07-2005, 06:58 PM
Well, I don't have enough brothers and sisters to have a wedding to attend every two weeks. The dessert buffet was definately the exception and not the norm.