PDA

View Full Version : A day's diet...

absynth
08-07-2005, 08:18 PM
So ive been tracking my diet, and here's basically what it seems to be. Suggestions would be appreicated, becuase i've seen some past threads and you guys seem really good at this.

First of all, I'm cutting (or at least trying to, I seem to be gaining weight somehow even though I'm cutting, but I'm loosing inches, so its all good)

I am 5 10 - 5 11 and weight 171-175
I can see my abs when I flex, and according to my bodyfat caliper I am around 8% bodyfat. I am a 33-34 pantsize.

My diet as of right now is:

Breakfast:
low fat Yogurt (1 serving)
vanilla whey
Sliced Turkey or Chicken (5 slices)

Snacks:
cheese stick (1 stick)
Sliced Turkey or Chicken (5 slices)
or
California Roll Sushi (1 roll)
or
"detour" protein energy bar

Lunch:
California Roll Sushi (1 roll)
low fat yogurt (1 serving)

Dinner:
Rice (1 serving) or tortilla wrap (2 wraps)
chicken or beef or fish (1 serving)
various vegtables
curry, marinara, etc sauce

I also take vitamins and a thermogenic. I lift 6x a day. I eat about 5-6 times a day every 2-3 hours. I occasionally splurge and will have an oatmeal raisin cookie or some of those Hi-C orange slices. I know dinner is vauge...I'm a college student on break, and my dad cookes free meals so I eat what is free...but usually its healthy and has something from all the food groups. That being said, its usually the heaviest meal of the day. Lemme know if any other information is needed, or what I should change up, Thanks in advance.

Mike

Slim Schaedle
08-07-2005, 08:20 PM
Do you not like carbohydrates?

Edit: ok, you're cutting

absynth
08-07-2005, 08:53 PM
yeh, carbs are bad for me when I cut...I get them in the detour bars to some extent, yogurt (21g I think), and then at dinner.

Shao-LiN
08-07-2005, 10:01 PM
Why are they bad for you?

absynth
08-07-2005, 11:32 PM
i just feel like for some reason my body reacts to carbs more than other stuff. i know this is probably incorrect, but for whatever reason, the times in my life that i have had a higher intake of carbs comparatively i have gained weight, and i feel as if my metabolism slows.

Built
08-07-2005, 11:53 PM
Carbs DO make a body hungry. I target mine into the meals just before and just after lifting, and eschew them elsewise.

Vitalize
08-08-2005, 01:49 AM
You lift 6x a DAY!!!

getfit
08-08-2005, 02:10 AM
You lift 6x a DAY!!!
i'm sure he meant 6x a week!

BigFada
08-08-2005, 06:07 AM
How did you guys choose your daily nutritional intake ?

abasynth, I didn't see any fruits in your diet, just vegetables ... I think they representa very good source of vitamins for us.

Slim Schaedle
08-08-2005, 08:14 PM
How did you guys choose your daily nutritional intake ?

abasynth, I didn't see any fruits in your diet, just vegetables ... I think they representa very good source of vitamins for us.
Bodybuilding nutrition and optimum full-spectrum ordinary-people health nutrition do not always coincide.

absynth
08-09-2005, 01:27 AM
i also will have an apple or orange with breakfast from time to time. but does this all look in order to cut or should I be changing some stuff around?

BigFada
08-10-2005, 05:04 AM
absynth: Why don't you try using some nutritional tracking services like fitday, lifestylescanner.com or trackyourdiet?