PDA

View Full Version : Critique me please. 310 > 220

BigBody85
08-08-2005, 02:33 AM
Well alittle background info. My max weight was 310lbs. After a few visits to the doctor, and a few warnings that I will be seeing health problems in the near future. I decided to start loosing weight. About 7 months ago I was at 270, I am now 6'0"at 220. I just wanted to post some pics, and see if I could get you guys to give me some advice/tips. Im wanting to get built, but I want to get to get the rest of this fat off before I do (seems like im 'stuck' at 220).

Just a warning, these pictures arent pretty to look at. I have alot of stretch marks from when I was up around 310, and now that alot of the fat is off, its just embarassing.

Well here's the pics...I dont have any before pictures.

8/08/05

Front Double Bi (http://bradyconcepts.com/images/wbb/Picture226.jpg)
Side Shot (http://bradyconcepts.com/images/wbb/Picture227.jpg)
Back Double Bi 1 (http://bradyconcepts.com/images/wbb/Picture229.jpg)
Back Double Bi 2 (http://bradyconcepts.com/images/wbb/Picture230.jpg)

Update - 10/16/05

Ok, I am now alittle over a month into my "triming" stage. Ive lost about 5lbs, but I feel alot better, and feel that im starting to fill out alittle more. Here's some updated pics:
Edit: Ive been doing WBB #1 since ive started.

Front Double B (http://bradyconcepts.com/images/wbb/frontdoublebi.jpg)
Back Double Bi (http://bradyconcepts.com/images/wbb/backdoublebi.jpg)
Right Bi (http://bradyconcepts.com/images/wbb/rightbi.jpg)
Side Shot (http://bradyconcepts.com/images/wbb/sideshot.jpg)

Update - 3/27/06

Sorry about the lack of updates. Life is currently chewing me up, and spitting me out right know. So I dont have much time update this. Also my old camera went to ****, so I bummed my friends camera and took a quick picture (the quality isnt to good, but you can get the jist of everything).

I slacked off for about a month, had alittle trouble balancing the gym with my work. But i'm now down to 205. I still have "flab" on me, which is getting irritatting. Im starting to worry that the only way im going to get rid of it is through surgery because of all the access skin. But we'll see once I get down to my goal, 190. Only 15 more pounds to go =)

Ill try and get some more pics by the end of this week. But for now here's my front double bi.

Also, could someone give me a rough bodyfat estimate for this picture? Just curious. I never have gotten my bodyfat % before. Thanks!

http://bradyconcepts.com/images/wbb/DSCF0527.JPG

MixmasterNash
08-08-2005, 07:00 AM
first of all, excellent job on the weight loss. Best idea, EVAR!

Now, it's time to add some serious muscle mass, which will help with any and all issues you have. Try one of the WBB programs or read journals.

RickTheDestroyer
08-08-2005, 07:32 AM
Seriously dude, you should be full of pride for what you've accomplished.
Keep with it, and trust Nash- he's pretty much always right.
You look like you've got some muscle mass too, which is good.
I've been working on the "Power Look" routine in the articles section, with good results so far (thanks borris!), so you may want to check that out as well.

As an aside: Nash, I went to that Great Outdoor whatever store in Eastgate yesterday to get chalk for deadlifting, and the guy who worked there thought I was going to go climbing. I told him that was a nice idea, but I sure as hell wasn't going to try to drag my fat ass up a wall. Maybe someday, but not anytime soon. Seriously.

Geeper
08-08-2005, 11:33 AM
Great job!!!!!

Few basic tips... READ ALL THE STICKY's about diet, the "what a bodybuilder eats" thread is worth the price of admission alone around here! Start using fitday or something to track your food (I'm guessing you are already using something anyway) , get 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight, lift heavy.
It really is all about your diet..

b_sinning
08-08-2005, 12:19 PM
Great start dropping that much weight! Keep on a good diet, cardio, and hitting the gym and it will happen before you know it. Any time you get discouraged just look at pictures of how far you've already came.

KevinStarke
08-08-2005, 12:27 PM
Excellent transformation man thats really impressive

Beholder
08-08-2005, 05:55 PM
Keep at it and you will be a monster. Like everyone else said, you already have some muscle mass to build on. Great job and goodluck! :)

SW
08-08-2005, 05:58 PM
Congratulations, big time on progress thus far. Fill out with muscle and you should be quite happy.

Gabrielle
08-08-2005, 07:18 PM
seriously you should be proud of yourself..you did an excellent job

Garrix
08-08-2005, 07:45 PM
wow.

really impressive. You should be proud of that! keep up the good work!

latinlord
08-09-2005, 02:25 AM
wow you have done awesome!! I recomend you lift more that will help even out the stretch marks. keep up the good work!

BigBody85
08-09-2005, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the positive replies!

For you people that said I should put on some more mass, I dont want to be one of those fat muscle people. If I started heavly working out and putting on mass, will I turn out like that? As you can tell I still have a good bit of fat left on my chest, and stomach. Will alot of the fat dissappear once I start putting on some muscle?

I just spent so much time on getting down to my current weight, I dont want to gain any of it back! Thats why im kind of iffy about gaining muscle at where im at right know, because I know most people gain some fat when they bulk, right? I was trying to get atleast down to 200 before I started working out heavily.

Once again, thanks for all the positive replies!!

YungLifter
08-09-2005, 02:49 PM
Great job. I think its more of a personal choice. You have to feel comfotable with yourself to keep doing it and not give up. If you feel iffy about putting on weight while at your current weight then cut down a little more and start up when you feel its time.

chris mason
08-09-2005, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the positive replies!

For you people that said I should put on some more mass, I dont want to be one of those fat muscle people. If I started heavly working out and putting on mass, will I turn out like that? As you can tell I still have a good bit of fat left on my chest, and stomach. Will alot of the fat dissappear once I start putting on some muscle?

I just spent so much time on getting down to my current weight, I dont want to gain any of it back! Thats why im kind of iffy about gaining muscle at where im at right know, because I know most people gain some fat when they bulk, right? I was trying to get atleast down to 200 before I started working out heavily.

Once again, thanks for all the positive replies!!

Great job!

I think what you think is fat around your pecs and waist is a combination of fat and loose skin from the dramatic weight loss.

Let me see if I can help you on your quest by addressing a few misconceptions you have.

First, training with weights will NOT make you fat. Your body fat levels are controlled by how much you consume and how many calories you burn. The reason people add fat when they "bulk" is because they are purposely eating an excess of calories in order to add maximum muscle as well as the inevitable fat.

For someone like you who is looking to continue to trim up (as long as you control what you eat) lifting weights can only be of benefit (assuming your doctor gives you the ok). Increasing you lean muscle mass will increase you BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) and you will burn more calories each and every day. This can help you to lose MORE fat. In addition, muscle tissue burns fat as its primary energy source when at rest which is a double bonus!

Training with weights combined with aerobic training is the optimal way to reshape your body.

Training with weights also gives you a sense of control over your body which can be of benefit to anyone looking to lose body fat.

For the above reasons increased lean muscle tissue will not only help you to lose fat it will help you to keep it off for the long term.

Finally, training with weights will help your loose skin situation around your pecs. It won't do much for the waist area but you look fairly young so your skin should rebound nicely given time.

jkirkpatrick
08-10-2005, 07:55 PM
Props for the huge weight loss. That is an amazing feat.

Built
08-10-2005, 08:18 PM
What Chris said.

Lift heavy. Nothing will do more to reshape your body than heavy weights, and you can't gain weight if you continue to run a caloric deficit - but what WILL happen is you'll lose more fat than muscle.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
08-10-2005, 09:35 PM
Very impressive weight loss, bro. Nice work. Whatever you do, don't stop with the progress. When your body starts filling out with muscle, you're going to look great. Keep up the good work.

BigEasy
08-11-2005, 06:58 PM
Wow!
Congratulations BigBody85.
:thumbup:

BigBody85
10-16-2005, 11:21 AM
Bump :)

getfit
10-16-2005, 11:51 AM
great job on the weight loss,keep it up

Unreal
10-17-2005, 09:53 PM
Look at my pictures posted here. I was also over 300lbs at my peak. Lift hard, lift heavy. I don't have loose skin, just some mild stretch marks which are fading fast.

cakedonkey
10-17-2005, 10:37 PM
Amazing work man, seriously. What you've done here shows you are dedicated and focused. Keep it moving right along and never lose sight of the goal. Just keeping going and going. Don't let anyone slow you down.

EvilDumbell
10-17-2005, 10:59 PM
Look at my pictures posted here. I was also over 300lbs at my peak. Lift hard, lift heavy. I don't have loose skin, just some mild stretch marks which are fading fast.

How do stretch marks fade? Id like to know on this, sounds interesting as ive never heard much about them before.

Congrats on your achieve ments BigBody85, you should be really proud, even more than the physical change you have made you must be feeling healthy. Thats the greatest part, we all love adding muscle mass but the healthy feeling you get is even greater.

Good work brother.

Unreal
10-18-2005, 07:25 AM
Exactly what I said. They slowly go away as your skin adapts.

PSBigJoey
12-09-2005, 07:31 AM
Your determination is impressive. But there is one aspect of this that hasn't been raised in the other posts. I think you should have your doc do a full hormone panel on you - Testosterone Free & Total, IGF1&2, Estradiol, DHEA, LH & FSH. I suspect your free testosterone is low relative to your estradiol, and that's holding you back. It would also account for the fat distribution pattern.
Joey, NSCA-CPT

dw06wu
12-09-2005, 10:48 AM
Your determination is impressive. But there is one aspect of this that hasn't been raised in the other posts. I think you should have your doc do a full hormone panel on you - Testosterone Free & Total, IGF1&2, Estradiol, DHEA, LH & FSH. I suspect your free testosterone is low relative to your estradiol, and that's holding you back. It would also account for the fat distribution pattern.
Joey, NSCA-CPT
What happens once he knows, though? Would the doctor prescribe something?

BigBody85
01-06-2006, 01:50 AM
Joey, NSCA-CPT

Sorry its taken so long to reply. I havnt had much time to get on the computer for the past 4 months.

Not really sure what youre trying to say. My testosterone is low, so its making my fat distribution out of whack?

Could you explain alittle more in detail about this?

I currently dont have a doctor right know. My health benifits should start with my job next month, so I wont be able to do it untill then.

biggimp
01-06-2006, 02:05 AM
its been 2 months!!!! more update pictures!!!!

dw06wu
01-09-2006, 02:09 AM
Sorry its taken so long to reply. I havnt had much time to get on the computer for the past 4 months.

Not really sure what youre trying to say. My testosterone is low, so its making my fat distribution out of whack?

Could you explain alittle more in detail about this?

I currently dont have a doctor right know. My health benifits should start with my job next month, so I wont be able to do it untill then.
Bump because I'm interested in the answer to this question.

dw06wu
01-14-2006, 01:50 AM
...bump

d'Anconia
01-14-2006, 02:55 AM
Just do a search on google, apparently testosterone levels DO affect fat distribution. I'd suggest getting it tested and, assuming the level is low, talk to a doctor maybe about doing some injections or something to that effect.

BigBody85
03-26-2006, 11:31 PM
Bump-a-doodle-do =)

chris mason
03-27-2006, 05:42 AM
Your testosterone could be low but I would think your doctor would have checked that by now. If not, it may be a good idea.

Skip the surgery for now and be patient. You are young enough that I think with time your skin will tighten up once you keep your weight at a relatively constant level.