PDA

View Full Version : Fitday help please

muscleup
08-08-2005, 09:40 AM
I just started entering my meals into Fitday.com today, and set up my designated weight goals.

My current weight is 180lbs (6'0ft tall)

My goal is 200lbs by Nov 5th '05

Thats roughly 1.65lbs per week across 12 weeks according to Fitday.

I added the weight lifting activity for 1 hour which in turn will burn roughly 403 cals according to Fitday.

1. Are my goals reasonable?

2. Do I need to add anything else?

3. Does anyone know how to calculate the # of cals I need to consume per day to actually meet a 1.65lb gain per week over 12weeks?

If I had to guess, I would say maybe around 3500-3900 cals a day.(?)

I really want this to be a clean bulk since i'm only 20lbs away from my goal weight, so I wont be getting the 1lb hungry man meals and downing those just because its a quick 1,000+ cals.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

SpecialK
08-08-2005, 10:14 AM
If you plan to add 20 lbs by this november I would guess that no more than 5 lbs of it is going to be muscle if you are training all naturally, which I would assume you are.

This number will vary based on experience level and genetics but I wouldn't expect it to be too much higher than that.

muscleup
08-08-2005, 10:34 AM
If you plan to add 20 lbs by this november I would guess that no more than 5 lbs of it is going to be muscle if you are training all naturally, which I would assume you are.

This number will vary based on experience level and genetics but I wouldn't expect it to be too much higher than that.

Sounds like my timeframe is bogus?
If the best i can hope for in 12weeks is 5lbs of added muscle, then 15lbs is going to be fat?

Canadian Crippler
08-08-2005, 10:37 AM
It's ridiculous to state such a number, Special K. There are folk who can add 10lbs in 3 months and folk who can only add 3lbs or 4lbs. It depends on genetics and how efficient you are at achieving hypertrophy.

EDIT: Sorry, read the rest of your post now. :D

I think 1-2lbs a week is very reasonable.

SpecialK
08-08-2005, 11:02 AM
It's ridiculous to state such a number, Special K. There are folk who can add 10lbs in 3 months and folk who can only add 3lbs or 4lbs. It depends on genetics and how efficient you are at achieving hypertrophy.

EDIT: Sorry, read the rest of your post now. :D

I think 1-2lbs a week is very reasonable.

1-2 lbs of weight or of actual muscle?

CarlP
08-08-2005, 11:47 AM
1-2 lbs of weight or of actual muscle?

body weight