PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions because i'm stuck

bahnboy
08-09-2005, 03:51 PM
I have been a lurker on this forum for a while and I finally have a question which is killing me.

Since the summer is not over just yet, I am wondering if I should continue trying to cut or begin bulking.

I have the feeling that I should perhaps cut up a bit more to get rid of the sort of roundness in the lower abdominal area but I would like some suggestions. Sorry the photos are a little bad, bad lighting.

http://www.solisearch.net/ims/pic.php?u=26599UVxDG&i=171533

http://www.solisearch.net/ims/pic.php?u=26599UVxDG&i=171538

Shark
08-09-2005, 06:18 PM
I would suggest a bulk. I think you're plently lean.

bigpoppapump979
08-09-2005, 11:05 PM
bulk up man...whats gotten into kids these days?

Garrix
08-10-2005, 02:17 AM
bulk up man...whats gotten into kids these days?

I cant speak for the guy who posted, but i just know that for me (someone whos always been really skinny) i started eating more and lifting, and i've been gaining weight, mostly muscle, but also a (very) little fat. Its scary, even though its really unnotiable to anyone else, when you've never seen any fat on you to suddenly have a little bit around your waist. I just starting hitting the abs excersizes more and it all went away, but i understand the wanting-to-cut when-still-lean thing.

Anyway, keep up the good work! Dont worry about cutting, you dont look like you need it.

Guido
08-10-2005, 07:32 AM
Ummm...Garrix. It wasn't the ab exercises that made the fat go away. You can't target a specific area in which to reduce fat. It will go away from wherever it is genetically predetermined to go first. You must have been doing more cardio or eating better.

bahnboy, you need to bulk, man. If you cut anymore, you'll look like a twig.

bahnboy
08-10-2005, 07:35 AM
I just had to get a suggestions from people who knew what the hell they were talking about.

About bulking, I've been wanting to but self image kept preventing me from doing so and I guess that all goes back to the fact that

Its scary, even though its really unnotiable to anyone else, when you've never seen any fat on you to suddenly have a little bit around your waist.

Rock
08-10-2005, 08:27 AM
What is this, youre a strong young man and your wondering if you need to bulk or cut, what is this, this is what girls go around and wonder about.

Get into the gym, lift that heavy ass weight, eat like a horse, big deal if you gain a little fat.

M O T I V A T I O N

SHOW ME THE POWER!

bigpoppapump979
08-10-2005, 09:38 AM
garrix i understand, i was in the same boat, i went from 10% at 140 to 12% at 175, and i noticed a little chub around my waist but ive dropped it and it doesnt bother me anymore. having a little fat on you isnt the end of the world

Garrix
08-10-2005, 01:38 PM
Ummm...Garrix. It wasn't the ab exercises that made the fat go away. You can't target a specific area in which to reduce fat. It will go away from wherever it is genetically predetermined to go first. You must have been doing more cardio or eating better.

Well, im dumb then. I had heard this before.... but, hey, maybe my abs just got more defined? i dunno. Something happened.

Nito
08-10-2005, 07:42 PM
How much do you weigh bahn?

MM
08-10-2005, 08:29 PM
I don't see why people are acting like it's such a clear cut decision. For them it might be, for you -- maybe not. I think you look pretty lean, but that might be deceiving. If you're soft and you want to be hard, I'd lift heavy and run a slight caloric deficit and see how my body reacted. If you want to get bigger in the long run, I'd probably bulk for the next few months and then cut sometime in the Winter or early Spring.

What it all comes down to is, what are your goals? What do you want your body to look like, realistically, in the next few months?

bahnboy
08-12-2005, 08:38 AM
How much do you weigh bahn?

I'm 173 at 5'10"

what are your goals? What do you want your body to look like, realistically, in the next few months?

Realistically I want to be bigger, arms and chest in particular. Packing on about 10-15lbs would be great which takes some serious eating and heavy lifting which I am definitely willing to do. At the same time I do eventually want to cut up which would be a late winter/spring project if I bulk now. I do believe that bulking probably is the way to go for me right now.