PDA

View Full Version : Cut or Bulk?

curveBall
08-09-2005, 08:42 PM
Hey fellas, I could use some advice. I'm wondering which I should do first, cut or bulk? here's a pic of me 3 weeks ago at 214.

http://show.imagehosting.us/show/537393/0/nouser_537/T0_-1_537393.jpg (http://www.imagehosting.us/index.php?action=show&ident=537393)

I've started eating healthy since then and have dropped to around 205. Also, I started the WBB#1 routine on tuesday and my back and chest are sore as hell ;), but it feels good ya know :) thanks for the comments.

curveBall
08-09-2005, 08:43 PM
oh yea, forgot to mention i'm 6ft tall..

Unreal
08-09-2005, 08:58 PM
If your a new lifter, then you should be able to drop alot of fat and gain muscle. I would just eat healthy, and lift hard for the first 2-3 months. If anything below maintance, but not a cut per say.

IRN-BRU
08-10-2005, 04:10 AM
Cut. If you are fairly new to lifting seriously, you should expect to increase muscle mass even while cutting. Make sure you are lifting regularly with good intensity (heavy) and working all muscle groups.

The reason I say cut is because if you cut you will see quicker results in the mirror, ie muscle definition, and your muscles will grow anyway, and you're not too thin that cutting will be difficult.

curveBall
08-10-2005, 05:40 AM
thanks for the replies. Would WBB#1 be optimal for me since i'm new to lifting or would something else better suit me?
Also, is it important to count calories or is there an easier way to diet?

Anthony
08-10-2005, 07:13 AM
Honestly, I wouldn't worry about either for now. If you're new to training and eating right, you'll probably have a fairly successful recomposition if you stay consistent. Eat quality foods around your maintenance level and train hard. When you hit a plateau, then you can decide which direction you'd like to head (bulk VS cut). Having said that, everyone will have a different opinion on what you should do ... ultimately the decision comes down to how comfortable you feel with your situation.