PDA

View Full Version : A David Blaine magic trick question

Vsire
08-10-2005, 07:38 AM
A while back I saw a repeat telecast of David Blaine's street magic and I was wondering you guys can enlighten me on one of the tricks he performed.

I'm refering to the one which he tells us, in terms of the viewers watching on TV at that very moment to stare at a pack of cards which he is flipping. He told us to concentrate and remember ONE card. Next, he displayed the card and it was exactly the card I was focusing on. Any idea how did that happen? I'm really curious..

RickTheDestroyer
08-10-2005, 07:53 AM
A while back I saw a repeat telecast of David Blaine's street magic and I was wondering you guys can enlighten me on one of the tricks he performed.

I'm refering to the one which he tells us, in terms of the viewers watching on TV at that very moment to stare at a pack of cards which he is flipping. He told us to concentrate and remember ONE card. Next, he displayed the card and it was exactly the card I was focusing on. Any idea how did that happen? I'm really curious..

I've seen a video on the web of another guy doing this- actually because I saw the ad on Yahoo and couldn't believe how terrible it looked, so I went to check it out. It's really awful- he even sings about how cool he is. He's like if you took David Blaine and made him more full of himself and then locked him in a room with no entertainment except for the Crow movies and old motley crue cds for 10 years or so. You'll see what I mean.
www.crissangel.com/

Anyway- I watched the trick in slow motion- the entire second half of the deck (or so) is the card he displays, which is really the only one you have chance to remember, as the others go by too quickly for you to get the number/suit at full speed, in all likelihood.

stallion
08-10-2005, 08:24 AM
Yeah...I think that's basically it.

Either what Denim said or the card directly in front of the card he wants you to pick (it's predetermined) is trimmed down so when he ruffles through the deck it will be visible for a split second longer. You can also pause on that card for more emphasis. I hope that made sense.

IdaMAN
08-10-2005, 03:06 PM
I've seen a video on the web of another guy doing this- actually because I saw the ad on Yahoo and couldn't believe how terrible it looked, so I went to check it out. It's really awful- he even sings about how cool he is. He's like if you took David Blaine and made him more full of himself and then locked him in a room with no entertainment except for the Crow movies and old motley crue cds for 10 years or so. You'll see what I mean.
www.crissangel.com/

Anyway- I watched the trick in slow motion- the entire second half of the deck (or so) is the card he displays, which is really the only one you have chance to remember, as the others go by too quickly for you to get the number/suit at full speed, in all likelihood.

You are dissing Chriss Angel? The guy blows David Blaine out of the water as far as the stuff he does. He also has a Show on A&E which is on tonight if you want to check it out for yourself. The guy is simpley amazing.

RickTheDestroyer
08-10-2005, 03:12 PM
You are dissing Chriss Angel? The guy blows David Blaine out of the water as far as the stuff he does. He also has a Show on A&E which is on tonight if you want to check it out for yourself. The guy is simpley amazing.

His magic looked pretty impressive.
I could do without the image and theatrics, or at least without the image and theatrics he has decided to use.

IdaMAN
08-10-2005, 03:25 PM
Ya, I understnad what you mean. It is like it is a stage performer who does extreme street magic. He does the floating thing about 5 feet higher than David.

Shark
08-10-2005, 04:35 PM
The guy is a freak... or should i say, "MIND FREAK!!!!!"

It's not actually magic people.

galileo
08-10-2005, 08:00 PM

Quick, someone call CNN.

RussianRocket
08-10-2005, 08:22 PM
i dont think his magic is all that great, it no longer has the power as we first saw it. But his performance peaces are still interesting to some degree.

CarlP
08-10-2005, 08:41 PM
The guy is a freak... or should i say, "MIND FREAK!!!!!"

No, say it aint so?

Hockey66
08-10-2005, 09:41 PM

B-b-but... no... :cry:

David
08-10-2005, 10:27 PM

Thank you for clearing that up for all of us here at WBB, Captain Obvious.

biggimp
08-10-2005, 11:18 PM
wait, how does he levitate people?

Shark
08-11-2005, 12:14 AM
You can all bite me. My comment was in reference to Idaman giving the guy verbal head in the post before mine.

done now
:soapbox:

Hockey66
08-11-2005, 12:15 AM
wait, how does he levitate people?

With his wand. He is actually Harry Potter, he just uses David Blaine as a disguise.

drew
08-11-2005, 08:35 AM
Next you're gonna tell us that John Edward doesn't really talk to dead people. Pfff.