PDA

View Full Version : Too Much Cereal and Milk?

HelpMeLift
08-10-2005, 09:55 PM
I find myself eating a crapload of cereal (honeynutcheerios to be exact) and milk (skim).

I was just wondering if this is not a good way to fill up when hungry. I eat about 2 big bowls a day so around every 4-7 days depending on how hungry I am, I finish a big box of cereal and a gallon of milk.

I know that this is a weird question but I'm just curious because I have gotten a lot weaker strength wise and maybe it's the deficit of protein and the overload of carbs and sugars?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hatred
08-10-2005, 10:39 PM
Sounds like it. Or you are getting less calories.
Mess with it and find out.

Jorge Sanchez
08-11-2005, 07:00 AM
Milk has lots of protein. I drink nearly as much milk as you do in 4-7 days in one day, maybe a day and a half. I also eat two large bowls of cereal every day. There's nothing wrong with it, you just have to make sure you are getting enough of all your macros and total calories. If your strength is decreasing, it's not because of two bowls of cereal everyday.

Anthony
08-11-2005, 07:06 AM
One meal out of your entire plan won't make or break progress (unless you're preparing for competition), so my guess is that the rest of your diet sucks too.

spanky33
08-11-2005, 07:51 PM
it's so weird that you brought this up. i just started doing the same thing. i've gone through 5 boxes of cereal (all different kinds) and about 12 litres (3 gallons of milk) in about 4 days. dont ask me why i did it, i just felt alot like eating cereal. and today i was KO'd at the gym. yesterday too. and on cardio day i was winded. i didn't attribute it to the cereal, but now that u mention it....

threatmix
08-11-2005, 11:04 PM
Milk does have protein in it, but not that much. If you add a scoop of protein powder to your cereal, and maybe some nuts if you want for some EFA's(if it's skim milk), then you could make that meal a lot better.

zimbo
08-12-2005, 07:29 AM
There are many factors that might affect how strong you feel. Are you getting enough rest? Are you giving your muscles enough time to recover? Are there other things going on in your life (stress, illness, other physically taxing activities)? Have you changed the time of day and/or the order of the lifts in your workout? etc etc.

To blame it on cereal and milk, IMO, is offensive to those of us who love cereal and milk as part of a well balanced diet ;)

--Steve

HelpMeLift
08-12-2005, 12:31 PM
There are many factors that might affect how strong you feel. Are you getting enough rest? Are you giving your muscles enough time to recover? Are there other things going on in your life (stress, illness, other physically taxing activities)? Have you changed the time of day and/or the order of the lifts in your workout? etc etc.

To blame it on cereal and milk, IMO, is offensive to those of us who love cereal and milk as part of a well balanced diet ;)

--Steve

lol oh definitely not. I love cereal, it's like my favorite snack.

well basically I have remained stagnant in my lifts. NONE of them went up and a few went down by a bit :cry:

I usually work out from 5-7 PM including a cooldown. I do get very little sleep though (my sleeping cycle is way f*cked up). I have been gettin 4 hours or less during the school year. I am just confused because, when I used to lift a while back, I used to get this super sore feeling in my muscles. It was great! and I kept going up. Nowadays, I rarely get the soreness and even if I do it disappears within a day. I have gotten stronger from freshman year until now (I'm an upcoming senior) but by a very VERY minimal amount. I'm talking about less than 30 lbs here. I'm just worried because I definitely wanna get bigger, more cut, and a hell lot stronger than I am right now.

by the way, when is the best time to sleep and what is the minimal amount of sleep recommended for maximum growth? thanks

rk77
08-12-2005, 04:15 PM
Eat golean kashi The stuff had 13 grams of protien per serving and 10 grams of fiber with a total of 140 cals. Cant beat it.

PhilsterT
08-12-2005, 05:15 PM
Yeah, I eat that **** too, but I saw Total Protein in the store and switched because it has 100% of 12 vitamins; bam!!! 1 less gram of protein though. (Look at the back of the box, it's so ****ed: "Remeber: Diets don't work, golean does.")

mattanshrager
08-12-2005, 06:04 PM
the sugar is making you tired. honey nut cereal is not bodybuilding food. find a whole grain cereal.

HelpMeLift
08-12-2005, 08:48 PM
the sugar is making you tired. honey nut cereal is not bodybuilding food. find a whole grain cereal.

it is whole grain

RussianRocket
08-12-2005, 09:58 PM
you can make any food, "bodybuilding" The reason why bodybuilders eat certain foods is because they are very calorie dense with proteins, and etc. Milk is always good thoe.

Shao-LiN
08-12-2005, 10:32 PM
Soreness has nothing to do with strength or hypertrophy progress. In any event, if your diet has not changed since you started, you will most definately come to a plateau. List your diet and lifting routine. I, personally, think your workout sessions are a bit long...especially if that is weight lifting for 2 hours. I dunno what you mean by "cooldown"...that cardio?

Shao-LiN
08-12-2005, 10:36 PM
by the way, when is the best time to sleep

8:42pm Central Time.

You really asking this question? The best time to sleep is whenever you end up falling asleep. When you fall asleep isn't much of a factor, the duration is what will matter more. You'd generally want to get as much sleep as possible. I can't give you an exact duration...sleep as long as needed to keep you functioning properly through the day.

HelpMeLift
08-12-2005, 10:37 PM
yeah like maybe stationary bike, jumproping, or something of that sort... nothing too intense.

when I lift(ed) weights, unless it was a full body workout, it took me 1 hour or less. 2 hours or less for full body lifts.

I have recently started WBB#1 and those take me no more than 45 minutes tops.