PDA

View Full Version : Ohhh, so bulking requires calories?!? =)

Nosaj
08-11-2005, 04:35 AM
I've been bulking for about a month now, slowly increasing my calorie intake each day by a snack or half meal per day. I'm not used to eating so much, so I'm slowly training my stomach to handle more and more calories, and more and more protein (and water!).

Eating a lot is hard as hell! I LOVE eating, so I figured that adding 1,000 or even more calories would be fun and easy, boy was I wrong. Well, it is fun to eat, but it's hard to eat that much... it's the opposite of easy. I've probably increased my daily intake by about 1,500 calories in the last two weeks and it's required a lot of dedication, especially since I'm doing my best to get clean calories.

Anyone have any eating stratagies for bulking other than "shut up and eat!"? I'd love to hear someone elses point of view on the subject. :burger: :burger: :spam: :spam: :lurk: :lurk: :bang:

Anthony
08-11-2005, 05:33 AM
Milk is your friend. :)

CarlP
08-11-2005, 06:39 AM
Milk is your friend. :)

Milk and natural peanut butter are two easy ways to get more calories in.

Shao-LiN
08-11-2005, 06:53 AM
More calorie dense food. Liquid meals, up your fats, are easy methods.

b_sinning
08-11-2005, 06:57 AM
I use protein shakes to replace a meal or two while at work.

TOBART
08-11-2005, 07:01 AM
you can hardly taste olive oil, pour in into anything (shakes, cereal, yogurt, pasta, etc)
milk
eatting apples between meals seems to make me hungry
a large breakfast
eat the largest meal possible before bed, then drink the largest shake possible right after

I'm a hardgainer so I've got the bulking tricks down to a science haha

HILL
08-11-2005, 10:54 AM
shakes i used alot for bulking. i had this one 4 times a day with 2 solid meals in their as well.

100g oats
400ml milk
50g pb
3 scoop whey
3 ice cubes

about 1010 calories/60p/84c/40f

Nosaj
08-11-2005, 06:20 PM
I would drink milk but I'm lac...

Sike!

I love milk :clap: and I'm drinking about a half a gallon to a gallon a day, usually with my shakes and with dinner.

I will start adding PB and olive oil to my diet, good suggestions, thanks guys!

Hell, if I'm not careful I might end up *gasp* getting big! =)

hhw
08-11-2005, 06:38 PM
Yea, eating a lot is hard...especially trying to bulk after a cutting phase like I am doing right now.