PDA

View Full Version : need to gain lots of mass

Matx
12-18-2001, 02:08 PM
im 6'1 140 pounds..this is some food that i dont mind eating and i can have lots of access to ..
Steak
milk
cheese
most of the meat cold cuts
cereal
eggs
ice cream
chicken cutlets
canned salmon
rice (I really like rice)
pasta..
some fish
can anyone help me out with how much protein/carbo/fat/ and calories i should try to get in a day? Something i should mention is prior to recently.. my diet would be like on a GOOD day.. cereal with milk in the morning, and a steak and maybe some chicken later.. On an average day i'd have 1-2 meals :(. thats gonna change now though. So even though im quite thin my metabolism isnt as high as some guy on crank..

Matx
12-18-2001, 02:09 PM
oh and im relatively lean now.. i pretty much got a six pack (u can see all the cuts) if i flex my abs are undeveloped they dont protude much though.

soh544
12-28-2001, 09:42 AM
well, you have all the ingredients for a beautiful mass gain diet. :)
a good ratio to use when bulking is 30 / 50 / 20 (pro / carbs / fat)
find your BMR, and add 500 calories to that so you can gain one pound a week. just eat lots of different foods and lots of each :)
one thing to remeber is you will add some fat while adding muscle, they go hand in hand. it's up to you how much fat you add (all out bulking or gradual).

you need to eat at least 4 meals a day, preferably 5 - 6. divide those calories up evenly, and ur set.

good luck :)

Wizard
12-28-2001, 11:44 AM
You may need to add some juice to gain more mass..

body
12-28-2001, 12:26 PM
i would aim for 170 grams of high quality protein a day or about 250 grams if lots of lower quality protein in there. eat about 70-100 grams fat. keeping increasing the amount of carbs eaten to you start to gain your desired amount of weight. Up at about 125 grams of carbs a day. Though try a diet for 2-3 weeks as to see if any changes are not taking place. if not gaining add another 125 grams of carbs. if you start to get to fat drop the carbs by about 75 grams a day for the next 2-3 weeks.
say start with 500 grams of carbs and go from there. Aim for low Gi starchy carbs to make up the bulk of the meals.

The_Chicken_Daddy
12-28-2001, 12:29 PM
how are you defining the quality of protein Bod?

body
12-28-2001, 12:51 PM
generally high quality as - meats, fish, protein powder, milk.

low quality - geletin, legumes, cereals, veg.

nothing fancy just a guide.

Severed Ties
12-28-2001, 05:34 PM
I'd focus more on eating more food more often. at 1-2 meals you will never grow, start with at least 4 then aim for 6, if you have a fast metabolism then go for 8. Try to keep each meal under 700 calories so your getting a stable amount of calories throughout the day. Try to gain one pound a week, you've got plenty of room on your frame.

ST

the_hall
12-30-2001, 07:52 PM
I think he should gain some mass naturally before resorting to juice.

Just my 2

Wizard
12-31-2001, 02:26 AM
Why isn't juice natural?