PDA

View Full Version : Is this okay?

PhilsterT
08-12-2005, 06:50 PM
I bought a big bag of boneless frozen chicken thighs (or something), and it said to cook in the oven for 45 minutes or on a grill for 30 (aroundish). I didn't have that much time so I threw it on the stove, let it thaw, cut it into 10-or-so-pieces, and then tossed it back on the stove till it turned brownish. I don't care about the taste at all, but is this a thorough enough way to cook the meat?

Nosaj
08-12-2005, 10:05 PM
I have a very similar bag of chicken that I get from Costco (wholesaler) and I cook my fillets for 10min first side and 5-8min after flip after about 10 minutes of preheating the grill. If I know I'll be running short on time during the day, I'll do my grilling in the morning and store the chicken in the fridge and just nuke it when I need to heat it up.

As far as getting sick from chicken... it's never happened to me so far, and I eat a LOT of chicken... so as long as you feel comfortable with it, you should be okay. I'm no Emeril though, might wanna ask around.

Shao-LiN
08-12-2005, 10:28 PM
Just make sure the inside is no longer red/pink.

PhilsterT
08-12-2005, 10:40 PM
So it doesn't matter that I'm cooking it on the stove? That's what I'm worried about. I made sure it was brown.

Shao-LiN
08-12-2005, 10:48 PM
Why exactly do you think it would matter? Those are suggested methods of cooking it, but ultimately what are they doing? Providing a heat source.

Like I said, just make sure the INSIDE is no longer red/pink. I don't think I've ever really gotten the inside brown, just the outside. Interior usually turns white or so.

PhilsterT
08-13-2005, 12:15 AM
Well...I was worried because it smelled like crap, hahaha.

Nosaj
08-13-2005, 01:11 AM
The "crap" smell is actually a really, really good source of protein, and it's something you should strive for in every meal.

I mean... Shooter McGavin eats pieces of sh!t like that for breakfast, why can't you?!?!?

PhilsterT
08-13-2005, 01:12 AM
So wait...the smell itself is a protein source? So I could go huff stove-cooked chicken 24/7; you telling me it's the new Whey?

Nosaj
08-13-2005, 01:30 AM
Well, I don't know about it being "the new whey!" but it should would be a cocktease to someone who was currently cutting. :evillaugh

Sarcasm is your friend.

PhilsterT
08-13-2005, 09:33 AM
Haha.