PDA

View Full Version : Skinny 17 yr old needs advice!

WonderWak
08-12-2005, 09:30 PM
*message erased*

Hockey66
08-12-2005, 09:33 PM
Lift heavy. Eat lots. Sleep. Repeat.

Honestly dude, start tracking calories. Start at ~3000 and as your gains slow down bump it up a bit at a time.

GMCtrk
08-12-2005, 09:45 PM
The first thing you need to do is read on here. Spend one whole night, and read once of BCC's old journals. Emulate how he eat and trained.

pbsteve09
08-12-2005, 10:21 PM
Tyler...you need jesus is what you need :evillaugh jk. But seriously...just eat now. Dont worry about a slow bulk, clean bulk, dirty bulk. I dont care how you do it just EAT! Keep lifting hard like i know you are gettin into, and then youll start to pack on Lbs fast. But really read around the stickies and threads here for general advice. But before you get into bigger supps, transform your diet (from eatin like 5 calories a day into about 4K) and keep going on that training routine. Just take a multivitamin and some fish oil until the rest of it is perfected....then worry about your creatines, etc. But lookin good espcially after 7 months of surgery, i thought you would be alot smaller!

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
08-12-2005, 10:39 PM
Train hard, eat right, sleep enough, stay dedicated, don't let anyone stand in your way ... and always strive to achieve more.

A 7 month layoff pretty much sucks. After my next surgery I'm going to be out of the gym for about 5 months. :(

sharkall2003
08-12-2005, 10:44 PM
I will probably get flamed for this but start taking some protein and creatine and eat tons of steak and chicken. Start lifting as heavy as you can for 6 sets of 6 reps on the bench and I'm not sure about what to do for other activities. Eat as much food as you can all the time.

WonderWak
08-12-2005, 10:52 PM
Thanks guys. I really need you guys to be brutally honest with me. As of now, i'm drinking anywhere from 4-8 protein shakes a day. I'm goin off of the saying, the more the better. so stop me if i'm wrong. i'll keep you guys updated on my progress.

sharkall2003
08-12-2005, 10:53 PM
4-8 protein shakes sounds like a lot but what do they consist of?
I have 2 and they are 60 grams a shot so it all depends how much you are getting. Be very specific.

pinky8713
08-12-2005, 11:18 PM
Eat everything in sight dude, that's the most important thing. If you don't eat enough, you won't gain weight. Track your calories on fitday.com so that way if you arn't gaining fast enough, you can up your calories.

Also make sure to get at least your bodyweight in grams of protein a day. Preferably, 1.5g+ times your bodyweight a day.

Lift hard and heavy bro, good luck

Bohizzle
08-12-2005, 11:30 PM
just eat more, nothing really to critique on. once u get larger, it will be easier to see inequalities (not trying to be a bastard). but as for protein i'd go for anywhere between 1-2g per lb of bw. anymore than that is an excessive waste of money and an added stress to ur kidneys.

Andrew

pbsteve09
08-13-2005, 10:24 PM
Thanks guys. I really need you guys to be brutally honest with me. As of now, i'm drinking anywhere from 4-8 protein shakes a day. I'm goin off of the saying, the more the better. so stop me if i'm wrong. i'll keep you guys updated on my progress.

I cant remember how much you said that your weight is...but lets say that your at 140lbs. Since you should get anywhere from 1.5grams-2grams per pound of body weight you should consume about 210-280grams. So count your calories and protein amounts on fitday, then supplement in the rest with shakes. But like everyone says..just eat. If someones telling you that your eating too much, tell them You cant eat enough, lol.