PDA

View Full Version : PB&J + Protein

WonderWak
08-12-2005, 11:00 PM
Ok, i'm lookin' to gain weight. How does 3 pb&j's plus a protein shake every night before bed sound? i'm already havin' like 4 shakes during the day too. what else can i do to pack on the lbs? thanks, Tyler

sharkall2003
08-12-2005, 11:14 PM
4 shakes. Dayum some people have a lot of money to spend on supplements. I would say drink whole milk and eats steak.

Nosaj
08-13-2005, 01:27 AM
Steak is an economical source of protein these days? Sure isin't in Arizona...

I have 6-8 servings of whey a day, half with milk, half without. If you're trying to gain weight, milk is your friend! As far as packing on the lbs, you just need to have a surplus of calories everyday. There are lists of very healthy sources of protein, fat, and carbs in this forum, you just have to search for them. I would recommend designing a weekly or daily diet, or at least making a list of things that are healthy, high calorie meals that you would like to eat and then making an effort to take in calories every few hours. As far as pre-bed meal, I would just have dinner a few hours before bed and then a shake right befor you go to bed. As long as you got in your calories during the day, no reason to have your stomach working full-time while you sleep, just give it some protein to snack on.

A couple examples of things I eat on a daily basis (I'm bulking too) are the following. (I take a 1 serving whey shake w/ milk with every meal)

Meal 1: 1cup yogurt, 1cup granola, 1cup fruit (blueberries, strawberries), 2tbsp honey, 2-4tbsp olive oil (awesome source of fat & calories) 1 slice of toast, 2 tbsp natty PB

Meal 2: 1 can of tuna mixed with 1 cup of FF cottage cheese, two slices of toasted wheat bread, (i eat half of the tuna as a sandwich and the other half on its own, usually with some spices or jalapenos)

Meal 3: chicken salad - 2 cups baby spinach leaves, 1/4cup tomatoes, 1/4cup cucumbers, 4 tbsp olive oil, 2-4 tbsp salad dressing, 1 chicken breast cubed

Meal 4: 1 grilled chicken breast, 1 salmon fillet, 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 slice of toast w/ 2tbsp natty PB

Between meals: 20g protein Cliff bars, whey shakes w/ water.

Hope this helps give you a couple ideas of foods that might interest your taste buds. Good luck on the bulk, you can do it, feed that face!

pbsteve09
08-13-2005, 10:34 PM
Tablespoons of natty PB will pack in huge amounts of calories.

Built
08-13-2005, 10:36 PM
And it's yummy! Try it on chunks of apple. To DIE for. My fave: Adam's crunchy (lightly salted), on Fujis.

Shao-LiN
08-13-2005, 11:14 PM
4 shakes. Dayum some people have a lot of money to spend on supplements. I would say drink whole milk and eats steak.

If anything, shakes are a pretty cheap way of getting protein in you.