PDA

View Full Version : McDonalds

WonderWak
08-13-2005, 01:00 AM
Hey all, how bad do you think it would be for me if I had a delux breakfast from mickey d's every morning before school? the mcds website says it's 1220 calories. so i figure, that in the morning, plus all my other food and workout during the day, i'll be gaining weight in no time!! haha. tell me whatchoo think. hopefully i won't kill myself! tyler

TOBART
08-13-2005, 01:07 AM
No matter how skinny you are, this is a bad idea. It would probably be cheaper (and much healthier) to just pound a weight gainer shake first thing in the morning

Nosaj
08-13-2005, 01:09 AM
Watch SuperSizeMe!!!

There are many other ways to get 1200 calories in a breakfast, I would not recommend a McDonald's diet to achieve it. Plus, unless you're already intaking a ton of calories (~6000+) that's probably way too big of a single meal for you in my opinion. I'd say a healthy alternative would be to take in about 10-20% of your daily calories in the morning. (have a meal at 8 and then a snack/shake at 10, lunch at 12... etc)

Make an effort to eat all day long, snacking, small meals, instead of packing in one huge, massively unhealthy breakfast in the morning.

Search around for breakfast foods and healthy high calorie diets. If you can't find exactly what you're looking for, you're probably not searching hard enough.

Hope you find a breakfast plan that helps build you into a champion, good luck.

getfit
08-13-2005, 03:22 AM
there's a much better and healthier variety for breakfast then MC!

HAVE A LOOK at our sticky on "what a bodybuilder eats" read through it!

sharkall2003
08-13-2005, 05:50 AM
I would rather not eat than go to McDonalds.

mattanshrager
08-13-2005, 06:49 AM
mcdonalds aint bad. buy the chicken nuggets and a mcflurry for bulking mmmmm

dissipate
08-13-2005, 09:57 AM
eek!! i'm afraid of sticking that stuff into my mouth even though i'm bulking! i can imagine it sitting in my stomach... still intact... after 1 month... (!)

Hatred
08-13-2005, 10:07 AM
I will go buy like 6 double cheeseburgers when bulking...It has it's uses.

RussianRocket
08-13-2005, 10:59 AM
Watch SuperSizeMe!!!

that movie was about as useful as having George W. Bush your scrable partner.

WBBIRL
08-13-2005, 11:05 AM
I really dont see how you can feel that way, it showed that McDonalds food should be a very sparingly used food source. It opend my eyes... since I've seen that I bet I've eaten at Mcdonalds like twice and both times it was eat or be EXTREMELY hungry for the next few hours... so i sucked it up and got 2 McChickens and a regular cheeseburger.

There are far better "bang for your buck" soruces of calories then McDonalds, a weight gainer shake would be 100x better, and real whole solid food would be the best possible food choice out there.

Wannabelean
08-13-2005, 11:27 AM
I would make a great tasting shake in the morning before I went to McDonalds. I would take my protein shakes with milk and PB before I ever went to McDonalds for breakfast.

Nito
08-13-2005, 11:33 AM
so i sucked it up and got 2 McChickens and a regular cheeseburger.

Way to suck it up Earl, you're a true warrior1.

BBar23
08-13-2005, 01:28 PM
haven't touched the stuff since I saw "Supersize Me." That films a definate wake up call if you eat that **** a lot.

IdaMAN
08-13-2005, 01:49 PM
I really dont see how you can feel that way, it showed that McDonalds food should be a very sparingly used food source. It opend my eyes... since I've seen that I bet I've eaten at Mcdonalds like twice and both times it was eat or be EXTREMELY hungry for the next few hours... so i sucked it up and got 2 McChickens and a regular cheeseburger.

There are far better "bang for your buck" soruces of calories then McDonalds, a weight gainer shake would be 100x better, and real whole solid food would be the best possible food choice out there.

There was also someone else who did the same thing he did but exercised and actually lost weight.

Roark
08-13-2005, 02:00 PM
exactly

there's been more than one person who has made a documentary since "supersize me" that shows them eating mcdonalds every day and losing weight

i read the article on yahoo this past week

i'm not saying eat mcdonalds every day, but i am saying it's about choices

JamesBOMB
08-13-2005, 02:05 PM
There was another study where a girl went on the mcdonalds diet and LOST tons of weight. And yes she did eat the hamburgers to. Of course if your an inactive couch potato mickey d's will make you fat, thats common sense. For someone thats active all day and then goes to the gym and hits heavy weights, its a nice way to pack on those extra calories. I myself 2 years ago spent about 400$ at mcdonalds in 4/5months, I dont sit on my a$$ all day so I never gained that much fat, but I gained tons of muscle. If Im low on cals in the morning or dont feel like making something for breakfast/lunch Ill hit up a mc d's. 350cals per dbl cheeseburger x 3 1050cals for $3.21. BUT if I did that 5 days a week thats 65$.

The weight gainer I am on now is 45$ shipped to my door for a 9.31lb box It lasts between 2.5-3weeks I think before I have to order more. MY weight gainer serving is 1600cals minus the milk (3 scoops per serving). I take 4 scoops a day or 2600cals a day in just powder and milk.

So I figure 60 scoops a box if it lasts 3 weeks, thats a little over 56$ a month for weight gainer. So in my experience, weight gainer is $120 cheaper a year vs the $3.21 a day 20 times a month. If you eat more than 3$ at mcdonalds then weight gainer will clearly out weight the cost savings at mcdonalds.

And for 120$ you saved that could buy you 2.6 MORE boxes of weight gainer, or a nice day out downtown, in the bars, or with a hot girl showing off what your hard work in the gym has brought.

D Breyer
08-13-2005, 02:20 PM
i wont even drink mcdonalds water after seeing supersize me... i just wont eat it

IdaMAN
08-13-2005, 02:23 PM
i wont even drink mcdonalds water after seeing supersize me... i just wont eat it

Yanno, if you at most things like he did and not exercise, the same thing will happen. If you think logically about it, Mcdonalds is no different than any other fast food or quick fix meal out there.

ReelBigFish
08-13-2005, 02:25 PM
Well no duh, you can lose weight by eating McDonalds, as long as you have a cal. deficit. It's the fact that their food is full of bad fats, high gi carbs, sugar, and over processed components. Sure you can lose weight but that doesn't mean your healthy. Skinny peole can have high Blood Pressure, high cholesterol and so on.

IdaMAN
08-13-2005, 02:35 PM
Fat people can have low Blood Pressure and cholesterol. What is your point? No one is saying to eat it all the time. Eating it now and then isn't going to do you harm.

YungLifter
08-13-2005, 03:01 PM
I dont even crave things from Mcdonalds and places similar to it any more. The only thing that gets me sometimes and espeacially in the summer is good ol ice cream=). Other then that I eat healthy always and forever with out any problem.

IdaMAN
08-13-2005, 03:06 PM
I'm always a sucker for a McDonalds cheese burger.

sharkall2003
08-13-2005, 03:12 PM
My only fast food weakness is Taco Bell. There is just somethign about the tacos that get to me, or Taco Johns.

KingWilder
08-13-2005, 04:39 PM
I concur with Taco Bell...it's my one fast food weakness

although I do get milkshakes every once in a while from McDonalds

Hatred
08-13-2005, 05:04 PM
Wendy's is king. Nothing sends me twirling into foodgasms faster than a 3/4 lb cheeseburgery bun blowjob dripping with grease and cheesy goodness.

ReelBigFish
08-13-2005, 05:32 PM
Fat people can have low Blood Pressure and cholesterol. What is your point? No one is saying to eat it all the time. Eating it now and then isn't going to do you harm.

Yeah, my post is in reference about the lady who lost weight eating only McDonalds. So that's not once in a while, that's all the time. That's the point I'm trying to make.

JamesBOMB
08-13-2005, 06:23 PM
I like em all, especially arby's beef and cheddars. When they go the 5 for 5 i am ALLLLL over those in a heart beat

VDubb
08-13-2005, 07:51 PM
The fact that the movie got people to think twice about their diet is the main point for me.

Obviously, he took it to an extreme. But that's what helped drive his point home. I don't eat McDonalds anymore......but it's more from wanting to get lean than just the movie.

The advertising was very eye-opening as well. Kids are smashed in the face with constant ads........disturbing.....

that movie was about as useful as having George W. Bush your scrable partner.

I wouldn't want you as my partner either!! :zipit:

ShockBoxer
08-13-2005, 09:27 PM
Wendy's for me as well... but now I limit myself to a jr hamburger with little on it (lettuce, mayo, ketchup) -- two if I'm really hungry. 660 cals 14 grams of fat and 30 grams of protein sounds reasonable to me. The fries, with their 6 grams of transfat per serving, were sacrificed.

BG5150
08-14-2005, 01:20 PM
Ahhhh, there's nothing like a good dose of bowel-cleansing White Castles! So yummy, but it comes with a price :( .

As for all those McDonalds' breakfasts being bad, try this:

http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0744/

It's been posted before, but I think it warrants seeing again...

I like McDonalds (and Wendy's and White Castle and Burger King and Roy Rogers and Checkers, etc), however I usually limit my stops there to once or twice a month for a "treat"--nothing like a Wendy's "Triple" (64g or protein).

TOBART
08-14-2005, 01:33 PM
To be honest, I've found myself at McDonald's a few times this summer doing 'the 20 nugget shuffle'. Well that actually refers the dance with the toilet about 20 minutes afterwards.

IdaMAN
08-14-2005, 04:43 PM
I love their deli sammiches!

RussianRocket
08-14-2005, 05:51 PM
The fact that the movie got people to think twice about their diet is the main point for me.

Obviously, he took it to an extreme. But that's what helped drive his point home. I don't eat McDonalds anymore......but it's more from wanting to get lean than just the movie.

The advertising was very eye-opening as well. Kids are smashed in the face with constant ads........disturbing.....

I wouldn't want you as my partner either!! :zipit:

lol, next thing your going to tell me is the people who tried to sue mcdonalds for making them fat had a legitamate point. Break me a give.

djreef
08-14-2005, 10:30 PM
I'm sorry, If it has a drivethru - I don't eat there. I don't care what they serve. Most fastfood is poison. Anything that they have to add chemicals to (just about all fastfood) in order to make it taste like it should (before it's processed) is defintely out of my diet. Besides, I think they put some other sh!t in there to make folks addicted to it. Think about it, the more you eat it, the more you want it. And the money these companies spend on 'research'. Creeps me the f**k out.

DJ

JamesBOMB
08-15-2005, 12:02 AM
just about all foods you eat has chemicals in it

largelegsbuthot
08-15-2005, 12:13 AM
just about all foods you eat has chemicals in it
Yes, but some of these things are not really "food".

IdaMAN
08-15-2005, 01:53 AM
Yes, but some of these things are not really "food".

Oh please, you don't think it gets tested and regulated? Where do you think wee live the middle ages? lol

largelegsbuthot
08-15-2005, 03:19 AM
Oh please, you don't think it gets tested and regulated? Where do you think wee live the middle ages? lol
Exactly "what" are "they" testing for?
"What" are the "regulations" which are exceptable for consumption?
"How" was it regulated?
"Who" regulated it?
"Who" conduted these tests?

These things are not as foolproof as they seem.
There are so many unsafe and harmful things on the market, all of which PASS these "tests and regulations".
Frankly, "food" was safer in the middle ages then it is now.

RussianRocket
08-15-2005, 03:39 AM
Exactly "what" are "they" testing for?
"What" are the "regulations" which are exceptable for consumption?
"How" was it regulated?
"Who" regulated it?
"Who" conduted these tests?

These things are not as foolproof as they seem.
There are so many unsafe and harmful things on the market, all of which PASS these "tests and regulations".
Frankly, "food" was safer in the middle ages then it is now.

I hurd that because of all the pestesides etc. the food has lost more than half of it's orgional nutrional value. Dont know how true that is but something you can chew on (no pun intented)

tigo
08-15-2005, 04:53 AM
Watch SuperSizeMe!!!

sorry, but supersize me is a bunch of crap
the guy didnt exercise at all that month
theres a guy who did the same thing, but exercised and he actaulyl got healthier

Nosaj
08-15-2005, 06:16 AM
I don't know how someone goes from eating a 100% organic diet to eating a 100% McDonald's diet could even remotely be described as "healthier". Even if he was doing 2000 calories a day of cardio, causing a deficiet of daily calories, that's a horrible source of nutrition. To argue that fast food yields something beneficial seems to be based on preference rather than facts because there will always be better nutrition alternatives. Even when people say "well fast food tastes good" as if that is some kind of justification, all I can think about is delicious meals that I've cooked that helped me achieve a healthy goal and feel balanced.

To each his own, in the end it is personal choices that we make to achieve personal goals that we have set for ourselves.

One thing I think about when I think about fast food is how ridiculously processed their food is. I have made it a point of eliminating as many processed foods as possible out of my diet, and of the few that I do consume, they are relatively "healthy" processed foods. I have grown to love healthy foods, I don't think I could ever settle for anything less again.

VDubb
08-15-2005, 08:43 AM
lol, next thing your going to tell me is the people who tried to sue mcdonalds for making them fat had a legitamate point. Break me a give.

Way to make a completely ridiculous assumption. :windup:

Again, I would never wish to be your Scrabble partner. :evillaugh

BBar23
08-15-2005, 09:06 AM
Wendy's is king. Nothing sends me twirling into foodgasms faster than a 3/4 lb cheeseburgery bun blowjob dripping with grease and cheesy goodness.

I couldn't agree with you more...Throw in a 5 piece nugget or two and I am in heaven.

largelegsbuthot
08-15-2005, 01:03 PM
I hurd that because of all the pestesides etc. the food has lost more than half of it's orgional nutrional value.

Not that there is a viable solution at the moment that wouldn't interfere with the bigger, better, faster theory of the modern World but...
Genetic modification of animals and vegetables is actually more paramount then pesticides (as bad as they are). Virtually every fruit/vegetable or meat product you buy in a supermarket is the result of genetic modification. The eco-system has plummeted and we have all these big juicy looking vegetables????? Why do crops look better now in our water tainted, ozone deteriorated, soil contaminated present then they did in times of ancient civilizations? Why do watermelons have no seeds? How come there are no pink hairless pigs running around in the forest? Why do cows have fur shorter then the average house pet....and where did all those spots come from??? Why are domestic animals so much bigger then their wild counter-parts?

GENETIC MODIFICATION.

Before there is any plant to spray with chemicals or cow to inject with steroids, your food is altered from the very beginning, in such away that we cannot understand what the long term effects would be. The reason this causes so much concern is INSECTS, they will avoid eating genetically altered crops. Insects have the capability to live and eat things that would kill most humans yet they avoid our gorgeous looking crops. The pesticides are then used on top of the altered crop or livestock.

drew
08-15-2005, 01:22 PM
I'm so hungry.

malkore
08-15-2005, 01:24 PM
Yanno, if you at most things like he did and not exercise, the same thing will happen. If you think logically about it, Mcdonalds is no different than any other fast food or quick fix meal out there.

Yes, but he wasn't exercising before either. All he did was changed his diet.
Also, the people who ate there and lost weight didn't follow the same 'routine' he did. They may have stuck to mostly McChicken, and not the double Big-Mac. They likely didn't supersize either, or have a dessert so many times per week.

I think day 3, where he vomits after trying to eat the whole meal should be enough incentive to anyone to avoid fast food and biggie sizing.

As far as "should I eat a 1,200 calorie McDonald's breakfast every morning?"... **** no!

djreef
08-15-2005, 02:59 PM
Largelegs -

This is the #1 reason why, I for decades have proclaimed......

Insects...............Food of the Future!!!!!

IdaMAN
08-15-2005, 04:10 PM
Yes, but he wasn't exercising before either. All he did was changed his diet.
Also, the people who ate there and lost weight didn't follow the same 'routine' he did. They may have stuck to mostly McChicken, and not the double Big-Mac. They likely didn't supersize either, or have a dessert so many times per week.

I think day 3, where he vomits after trying to eat the whole meal should be enough incentive to anyone to avoid fast food and biggie sizing.

As far as "should I eat a 1,200 calorie McDonald's breakfast every morning?"... **** no!

Ya, well I have eaten a lot more at once over 3 days and I wasn't acting like he did all sick like. He didn't always eat the same stuff. He tried everything on the menu.

He also only supersized it if he was asked if he wanted it supersized.

RussianRocket
08-15-2005, 04:15 PM
Way to make a completely ridiculous assumption. :windup:

Again, I would never wish to be your Scrabble partner. :evillaugh

you seem to be defending the moviea wen it was a prrle of het staemy poopie, suire it's an asusption but not redicoulaese. I'm sowwy i type too fasty.

largelegsbuthot
08-15-2005, 05:36 PM
Largelegs -

This is the #1 reason why, I for decades have proclaimed......

Insects...............Food of the Future!!!!!

Agreed!

INSECTS = 100% natural protein.....

*thinks to self*: "I'm so glad I eat so many carbs"