PDA

View Full Version : Progress pics, Need to cut now

OldDog
08-13-2005, 08:36 PM
Hello everyone, its been awhile since i posted any real pics. I have been maintaining a 190 lbs bodyweight and training like mad. i would like to know if i cut, how much mass i can expect to lose, i realize that it will vary with how u go about it, but i know with the experience on this board someone can give me a pretty good idea. i am also wondering if i could compete and do well. i don't think i have the best of genetics but am interested in your opinions.
Thanks for your responses

Blender
09-07-2005, 08:19 AM
I think you can definitely compete if you lean down; you have a lot of mass, your lat/waist differential is impressive considering your current bodyfat. As for how much muscle you'd lose, I'd not worry about it at this point, I'd lean down and then assess. I suspect that you'd be surprised how good you'll look at the end of a serious cut.

Nito
09-08-2005, 11:29 AM
Looking big OldDog, how tall are you and how old are you?

squat it all!
09-08-2005, 11:40 AM
i think you'd do well if you competed.

Wierz
09-08-2005, 12:40 PM
You have some serious shoulder and lat mass!

I think you'll look sick when you cut up!

well done, good luck.

I have no experience with a cut... I can't imagine even doing one - I've been scrawny my whole life until very recently - and I'm still skinny!

squat it all!
09-08-2005, 12:47 PM
can you give us the basics of your routine?

OldDog
09-09-2005, 09:55 PM
nito, i am 5'8, 191 or so and 43. been lifting for a little over a year after a 20 year layoff. when i started back i was at a bodyweight of 240lbs.

OldDog
09-09-2005, 09:59 PM
You have some serious shoulder and lat mass!

I think you'll look sick when you cut up!

well done, good luck.

I have no experience with a cut... I can't imagine even doing one - I've been scrawny my whole life until very recently - and I'm still skinny!

you just keep training and eat right and don't be impatient(thats my problem). the secret is also eating properly(also my problem). eat to live not live to eat. you can gain muscle without porking out. its quality(nutritional) not quantity. make it a lifestyle, if you haven't already.

Built
09-09-2005, 10:14 PM
Hey - we're almost the same age! Looking thick! Nice hammies and calves, too.

How lean have you been in the past, bud? I'm feeling like I'm (finally!) getting the hang of this whole "cutting" thing. I haven't been contest lean before, but I'm in the mid-teens now, and I managed to get here from the low twenties with almost no loss of LBM. Lemme know what I can do to help.

OldDog
09-09-2005, 10:17 PM
can you give us the basics of your routine?

according to your stats my lifts are puny but i am a work in progress on that.
i stick to a push pull philosophy(push muscle group 1 day, pull another day).
i just started about a month ago to work my legs like they ought to be, i do deads, standing military, squats, shrugs and curls. i like compound exercises as i believe they are better for mass and density in a muscle. thats my feelings anyway. maybe one day i will be in your league. the cutting i am trying to do is really me shaving off the stubborn middle-aged fat that just seems to be to stubborn to go. maybe one day i will feel confident enough in my size to really cut and enter a contest but right now i just want add more muscle and not see to much fat(is that possible)when i flex. that means slow clean eating, losing to fast i feel is detrimental to the muscle u have gained, its hard on your body when you shock it to quickly. as i said above i weighed in at 240 a little over a year ago and i am just now getting back to a halfway decent build(a lot of room for improvement).

OldDog
09-09-2005, 10:18 PM
Hey - we're almost the same age! Looking thick! Nice hammies and calves, too.

How lean have you been in the past, bud? I'm feeling like I'm (finally!) getting the hang of this whole "cutting" thing. I haven't been contest lean before, but I'm in the mid-teens now, and I managed to get here from the low twenties with almost no loss of LBM. Lemme know what I can do to help.
thanks built you have been an inspiration to me on this board.

Built
09-09-2005, 10:19 PM
Wow. Thanks!

:)

I'm sending you a PM

fixationdarknes
09-10-2005, 12:39 AM
Can you send me a PM too? :D

Built
09-10-2005, 12:42 AM
k

ROMANMAN
09-10-2005, 02:47 PM
What about? UUhhhh I feel like getting one. Dont wanna be left out.

Beast
09-10-2005, 03:04 PM
I agree with the others, Dog. You will look GREAT if you cut down. That should give you extra motivation to stick to your cut!

Garrix
09-10-2005, 05:19 PM
Very impressive! and i bet you'll look even more impressive when you're done cutting. Looking big, keep up the good work.

OldDog
05-06-2007, 03:30 AM
as you see in my sig that i was 190 or so in my posted pics 2 years ago.....these pics that i have here are at 195 .....more muscle less fat

training routine: DC(otherwise know as dogcrapp)
years trainin: 6 years
weight when started training: 240 or so
lowest weight during 6 years: 180
current weight: 195

tdotteg
05-06-2007, 08:41 AM
Great job! you're look much bigger now.
I was wondering, did you ever compete? How did it go?

Deadlifter
05-06-2007, 09:42 AM
Wow! That's a tremendous improvement!!

OldDog
05-07-2007, 05:14 AM
Great job! you're look much bigger now.
I was wondering, did you ever compete? How did it go?

hi td....no i never competed. spun my wheels overtraining for almost a year and then found DC training. been doing that since late november 2006
and thats when i started to see the size gains and density. my goal now is to add another 20 pounds and hopefully get at least 10 pounds of muscle out of it and drop the rest. still a long way to go. thanks for ur comments and stopping in on this thread. hope you have a good week ahead.

OldDog
05-07-2007, 05:16 AM
thanks deadlifter and i appreciate u coming by the thread. hope you hasve a good week ahead.

tomv
05-07-2007, 06:44 AM
Massive improvements man! Your most muscular looks absolutely sick. Good luck with your goals.

Jordanbcool
05-07-2007, 07:39 AM
Great job. You got that thick old man muscle (no offense). Looking very hard and thick.