PDA

View Full Version : The Top 25 Ways to Pack on Serious Mass - Part I by Anthony Ricciuto - Aug 15th 2005

Joe Black
08-14-2005, 12:49 PM
This month Anthony will be discussing with you the Top 25 Ways to Pack on Serious Mass. For all the lightweight lifters out there looking to go up a class, or you mass monsters looking to put on yet more size, this will definitely get you on your way to some serious mass!

http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=223

Enjoy and discuss away! :)

Manveet
08-14-2005, 03:36 PM
Decent article, some points were good, while others were not that great.

You don't need to eat 6 meals per day. Furthermore, 6 meals per day will not cause you to gain lean muscle mass. Eating an adequate amount of energy, coupled with proper resistance training will cause you to gain muscle mass (in most instances anyway).

I agree with drinking water and getting sleep.

"If you just jack up your carbs and fat without supplying your body with the protein that it needs, you will end up looking like “Mr. Marshmallow” instead of a strength athlete"

I definately don't agree with that statement. I still think 1g per lb of bodyweight in protein is [I]plenty[/I. Again, overall calories are much more important that individual macronutrients.

Overall I think he made some decent points. However, he also reiterated some common myths still being perpetuated by many bodybuilders today.

BG5150
09-15-2005, 04:45 PM
When is part 2 coming out?

Joe Black
09-15-2005, 05:22 PM
This weekend :)

[[[----]]]
09-19-2005, 08:12 AM
So is most of these points just directed to powerlifters? because it seems like that word comes up a lot