PDA

View Full Version : food percentage thingumy

Monkeybrains
12-18-2001, 07:39 PM
OK, what percentages should I split my Protein, carbs and fat into?
I am only just starting weight training and I weigh 112 pounds at 5'7" and I'm 19 and male.
Thanks.

pastdoubt
12-19-2001, 01:56 PM
Depends on what you plan on eating, specific goals etc...

You could try Ketosis macro breakdown... what that is... well I'm not sure, I don't like Keto-stuff

Balanced Diet - 30% calories from Protein, 30% calories from Fat, 40% calories from Carbs... remember that's CALORIES, not grams.

Isocaloric - all calories, protein, carbs and fat in a 33.3% ratio.

RDA - I'm not sure what this is either, as I don't follow food pyramid, I think it's BS (I think most will agree), but you could try that too, especially if you have a fast metabolism and need to gain weight.

ElPietro
12-19-2001, 02:03 PM
117lbs??? Jeeeesus...don't worry...eat as much as you can and just lift. I guess you can't use an umbrella with wind over 5km/h...

Monkeybrains
12-19-2001, 02:47 PM
So what sort of things should I be focusing on eating a lot of?
I been eating stuff like Tuna with rice or pasta and a bit of olive oil or mayonaisse through the day and I have a healthy cooked meal in the evening and I usually have muesli for breakfast.
Should I change any of that?

ElPietro
12-19-2001, 02:53 PM
In my humble opinion I would worry less about what you SHOULD eat and more on what you SHOULDN'T eat. Right now if I were you I'd just cut out as much sugar as you can and saturated fats, so that you aren't consuming garbage calories...I've never been a stick-man so as far as percentages go I can't really recommend anything. But I don't think it is very critical in your case right now.

Franco
12-19-2001, 02:54 PM
Monkey, where in the UK are you?

body
12-19-2001, 03:04 PM
eat about 150 grams protein about 50-80 grams fat.
then eat keep upping your carbs to you reach a desired level of weight gain. if you start to get to fat lower the amount of carbs.
As for the ratio. I do not care much for % as they do not make you gain weight/loose fat. The total kcal and macronutrient is important.
aim for say 350-500 grams carbs and work from there. keep on a certain level for a couple of weeks as your body weight will not change quickly especially as you probably have difficulty gaining weight.

Jane
12-19-2001, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Monkeybrains
I weigh 112 pounds at 5'7" and I'm 19

for goodness sakes, eat! Try to eat healthy things most of the time, but basically you need to eat, eat, eat, and then eat some more. And lift a lot. But not too much. But do your best each time you're at the gym. I'm a girl at your height and im bigger than you, you'd better catch up buddy! ;)

PowerManDL
12-19-2001, 04:30 PM
Haha, you're smaller than Jane!

*2000 points for offending two people with one post*

Monkeybrains
12-19-2001, 04:46 PM
I always eat healthily, I hardly eat any saturated fat, sugar, salt, etc...
OK, I'll just eat allot of good stuff.

FAngel, hey I'm in Hertfordshire too, I'm in a little village called Pirton, the nearest town is Hitchin.

Monkeybrains
12-19-2001, 04:48 PM
You think 112 is low, I only weighed 98 pounds a couple of months ago.:(