PDA

View Full Version : Another Hardgainer's Journal

mrburns
08-14-2005, 04:46 PM
Well I've been lurking around these forums for a few months now, and recently decided to get serious about lifting. I've been lifting on and off for about a year now and went from 136 lbs. to 150, but some journals ive been following have motivated me to get serious :rolleyes:

I'm a 19 year old computer geek, 6" tall and as I said before 150 lbs. dont laugh please! on to the workout, im going to do WBB1 for 2-3 months and see what kind of gains i can get.

MM
08-14-2005, 04:54 PM
Eat. EAT. EAAAAAATTTTT.

Seriously. When someone asks you if you're hungry, you need to yell "FEED ME!" and proceed to eat anything in sight.

Good luck.

mrburns
08-14-2005, 04:55 PM
Well I thought I would start my workouts pretty light so as to avoid any overtraining.

15 min. bike ride to gym

CHEST

22.5 x 15 DB press - warmup
25 x 10 DB press - warmup
30 x 8 DB press - warmup

DB press

8 x 45 lbs
6 x 50 lbs

Incline DB press

8 x 35 lbs
6 x 40 lbs

Dips

8 x 50 lbs (im a weakling still so i use a dip machine that uses weight to help)
6 x 40 lbs

BACK

Deadlift

8 x 20 lbs (im not sure how much my bars weigh so i dont count them)
6 x 25 lbs (also, this was SUPER easy to do, but i want to figure out the form first)

Chinups

8 x 60 lbs (once again, this is weight that makes it easier, no resistance)
8 x 50 lbs

DB Rows

8 x 35 lbs
6 x 40 lbs

Shrugs

10 x 40 lbs

Weighted Situps

10 x 12.5
10 x 12.5
10 x 12.5
8 x 12.5

Man this was an AWESOME workout. Somewhat challenging, and I felt SUPER afterwards. I cannot wait to make progress with this workout. I love the compound exercises. Also, I was wondering if it's ok for me to use dumbbells instead of the barbells? Any comments are appreciated, later!

:evillaugh

mrburns
08-14-2005, 05:00 PM
Meal 1

2 scoops weightgainer + soy milk + bananas and strawberrys
1 peanut butter sandwiches
apple

Meal 2

2 scoops weightgainer + soy milk + bananas and strawberrys
2 pieces atlantic salmon
bunch of brestlesprouts

Meal 3

3 pieces of chicken and whole weat pasta
ceasar salad

and thats all I've at so far for the day. I believe I have my diet in check because I eat like 6 meals a day and always have a weightgainer shake and a sandwich before bed.

any comments are appreciated. :cool:

mrburns
08-14-2005, 05:03 PM
i forgot to add a little more to the last post. i supplement with multivitamins and drink a ****LOAD of water throughout the day as well. also, i picked up some vitamin E, D, flax seed oil and calcium too, hopefully that will help out a bit.

mrburns
08-14-2005, 07:34 PM
hey everyone, i have a quick question about the leg section of WBB #1.

my gym has a piece of **** leg curling machine so i was curious if it was ok for me to replace those two sets for two more sets of squats? or perhaps just take them out alltogether? thanks in advance.