PDA

View Full Version : Trasmi21's Journal

trasmi21
08-14-2005, 11:34 PM
Well, tomorrow I begin my first workout. I'll go a little into my background before we start my first journal off. For the last couple years I've dedicated everything I had to playing baseball. It was my passion, and my whole life literally revolved around it. I worked out frequently through the winter, but most of my workouts were sport specific, medicine ball workouts out the ass along with rotator cuff excercies. I'm a big guy, not huge, but big, 6'4 210 pounds. I was never really allowed to bulk up for a lot of reasons, mostly because being able to throw a baseball effectively requires you to stay pretty slender. I had a pretty good shot at playing Division I level baseball, but for many reasons we won't go into, it didn't work out. I'm ok with that, but now I'm ready to move on.

I always wanted to dedicate more time to my body. I've wanted to be huge for as long as I can remember. Now that my baseball days are over, it's time for me to get in the gym, work my ass off, stick to a diet, and do something remarkable with the body I've been blessed with from the big man above.

It's good to have you all along for the ride. I've got to admit I've learned a ton already just from being on the forum for the past couple days. I appreciate it a ton. Anything you ever see wrong with my workouts or diet, just let me know and I'll work to change it.

Here's my workout, I'm gonna start by using the WBB#1 (http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=25&pageid=3) workout.

I can't wait to get started. :D

Feel free to comment anytime, I look forward to your support.

GMCtrk
08-14-2005, 11:41 PM
:spam:

trasmi21
08-15-2005, 11:26 AM
Well, today is the first day. So far this has been my diet for the day as of 1:09pm:

10:00am - 3 eggs, Couple pieces of watermelon, full glass of 1% milk

12:00am - 2 servings of Chicken Breast, couple more pieces of watermelon, full glass of 1% milk

I lifted at around 11:30pm and ate my last meal at noon. It felt great to start and I had a pretty intense workout. I did chest and back today, and added a set of dumbell flys to it all. I can only use the dumbells I have at my house until Thursday when I'll be on campus and have access to Eastern Kentucky's workout facility. Here's what I did for today though:

Chest

Flat Dumbell Press - 8x50 8x50
Low Incline Dumbbell Press - 8x50 10x50
Dumbell Flys - 8x40 8x40
Dips - 2 x 6-8 reps

Back

Chin ups - 1x10 1xFailure
Dumbell Deadlifts - 8x50 8x50
Dumbell Rows - 8x45 8x45
Shrugs - 10x50

Yes, I know I had to do my deadlifts and rows with dumbells. It still felt good though, is this ok to use dumbells for those excercises if you have to? I'll update my meal later. I plan on having a peanut butter sandwich and a banana at 4pm, then 2 more chicken breasts for dinner along with something else.

drew
08-15-2005, 11:40 AM
Lookin good. If all you have is DBs then use them for the DLs. A bar is preferable though.

Are you looking to gain weight? Maintain? Make sure you drink plenty of water during the day.

Good luck!

trasmi21
08-15-2005, 11:54 AM
Thanks! I checked out your journal it looks like you've made a ton of progress.

Well it will only be till Thursday then I'll have access to whatever I need. But I would have much rather done them with that than not do them at all. I'm trying to bulk, and I really didn't include my water intake in my diet but I've drank about three bottles of water so far.

Peanut Butter sandwich before I leave for a dentist appointment, then I'll be back for a chicken dinner. :D

drew
08-15-2005, 12:45 PM
Sure have, thanks :)

Diet looks good for bulking, just add some veggies in there.

trasmi21
08-15-2005, 04:22 PM
UPDATED, here's my diet for the first day.

10:00am - 3 eggs, Couple pieces of watermelon, full glass of 1% milk

12:00pm - 2 servings of Chicken Breast, couple more pieces of watermelon, full glass of 1% milk

3:30pm - Peanut Butter Sandwich

6:00pm - 2 servings of Chicken Breast, watermelon, Chocolate Powerbar, full glass of 1% milk

8:00pm - (planned) Spaghetti, with sauce (I'm hoping this is a good choice?), Slice of Cantelope, Salmon Cake

Let me know if you have any suggestions to this. In a week or so, I'll be adding in creatine and whey protein once it's ordered, along with some fish oil once or twice a day.

Let me know what you think! If you see something wrong, please correct me!

drew
08-16-2005, 06:15 AM
Less fruit, more vegetables. Try to eat something right before bed, and something right when you wake up. This will up you to 7 meals a day.

trasmi21
08-16-2005, 09:12 AM
Off day today, but here's my diet so far.

10:00am - 3 eggs, Glass of 1% Milk, Banana, Multivitamin

11:00am - Peanut Butter Sandwich

1:00pm - (planned) 2 Servings of Chicken Breast

5:00pm - (planned) Can of Tuna

8:00pm - (planned) 2 Servings of Chicken Breast

Less fruit, more vegetables. Try to eat something right before bed, and something right when you wake up. This will up you to 7 meals a day.

What kind of Veggies do you suggest? I'm sure any will do, but just trying to get some ideas.

drew
08-16-2005, 09:40 AM
Broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, really anything green.

trasmi21
08-16-2005, 04:35 PM
Final Diet for my second day...

10:00am - 3 eggs, Glass of 1% Milk, Banana, Multivitamin

11:00am - Peanut Butter Sandwich

1:00pm - 2 cans of Tuna, Peanut Butter Sandwich

4:00pm - Protein Bar

5:00pm - 2 Chicken Sandwiches, 5 servings of chicken on the sandwiches 400 calories, 64g Protein

8:00pm - Bag of Nuts, Sunflower Seeds

11:00pm - 2 servings of Chicken Breast, Bowl of Rice mixed with Peas and Carrotts

Leg's tomorrow, Can't Wait :D

trasmi21
08-17-2005, 10:53 AM
Wow, that felt great. Just got done with my first leg workout. It's been about 30 minutes since I got done, and now I'm eating some a can of chicken breast. Here's the overview of my workout:

Some of the stuff I had to test out a bit since it was my first day, but see what you think...

I went up to my high school weight room, so I had access to more than just dumbbells...

Squats - 6x225 8x275 8x275
Hack Squats - 8x155 8x155 (Felt weird at first, I had to get used to the form)
Leg Curls - 8x100 8x100
Straight Legged Dead Lifts - 8x225 8x225
Calf Raises (Machine) - 8x120 8x120
Abs on Incline (45lb Plate) - 3 sets of 10

How does that sound? Do I need to change anything or does something look uneven?

drew
08-17-2005, 11:41 AM
Looks really good. That's some good squat power.

On the SLDLs, try pulling your shoulders back, it will help get the weight over your hammys.

trasmi21
08-17-2005, 11:45 AM
Looks really good. That's some good squat power.

On the SLDLs, try pulling your shoulders back, it will help get the weight over your hammys.

That might be my problem, first couple sets it would scrap up on my hammys. Thanks for the suggestion, I keep checkin' up on your journal and it looks great.

MixmasterNash
08-18-2005, 04:59 PM
Thanks for stopping by my journal. I have absolutely no fixed workout program at all right now. I've definately sort of stagnated in many lifts, but I'm trying to maintain weight while improving climbing and running. I just try and make sure I work everything on a regular basis, with a max strength orientation for weights, plus crossfit (crossfit.com) style fitness work.

trasmi21
12-29-2005, 04:18 PM
Wow, it's been awhile since I've looked at my journal. Recently I decided I'd try and get back to using it. I'll update everyone on how my bulk has been coming along.

Well, I've gained 20 pounds, exactly what I wanted to do but still awhile away from where I want to be. At the end of baseball season around august I weighed in at 210, and now I'm weighing in at 230. I've kept up pretty well on my diet while living in a college dorm which wasn't very easy. Currently I'm at home lifting at my high school, training with a good buddy of mine that plans on entering the Navy in 7-8 and entering the ever so popular BUD/s Training to possibly become a Navy SEAL. Our workouts have much different goals in mind, mine is bulking and heavy weights, while his is more of a crossfit style workout, but we still seem to be able to blend the two together.

I honestly didn't get any good maxes in when I first started, didn't have any partners with me and eventually got in the routine and didn't care to stop and check them. Now i'm kicking myself in the ass for it because I want to see how much strength I've gained. I'll try and get some new pictures on here also just to give everyone an idea where I'm at.

Lookin' forward to getting back to keeping a journal, and hearing some of your comments and ideas, thanks a ton.

brickt.
12-29-2005, 05:05 PM
All I can see when I look at your screen name is "21 pieces of Tiramisu." :drooling:

Good luck with your goals.

trasmi21
12-29-2005, 07:37 PM
Dessert is so evil.

I took a couple pictures today, not very good ones, but I'll get them up soon. By the way, here's my split:

Monday: Chest/Tri's
Tuesday: Legs/Abs
Wednesday: Off
Thursday: Back/Bi's
Friday: Shoulders/Traps

I'd really like to make a good estimate on what I'm maxing out on but I just can't do it, I'll have to find out next week. My deadlift will probably be a little above 405. My squat I'm not too sure, usually by my fourth set I'll finish off with 315 and get it 3 or 4 times. Bench Press I'd say I'm in the 270 range, but it's hard to take a guess. I've had some rotator cuff problems from baseball (been through therapy twice) that have really held me back on my bench over the last couple years, I'm kind of curious if anyone else has had similar problems.

Keep working hard.

trasmi21
12-30-2005, 08:21 PM
Back day, hell yes.

Today's workout was awesome, the last two weeks me and my lifting partner have put in some legit workouts. To me every tough workout you put in has to be matched intensity wise by the next one, or else you feel like your time in the gym was worthless.

Anyways, here's my deadlift numbers for today:

Deadlifts
10x135 (warm up)
10x225
8x315
4x365
1x405

I feel like I got 405 pretty easy today too, I feel like I can get a lot more. We'll have to see. Back is on fire, Protein shake and a chicken sandwich and we'll call it a night.

trasmi21
12-31-2005, 02:09 PM
Off day today, time to eat..

I've heard a lot of good reviews about the 'Serious Mass' weightgainer lately, I think I'm going to give it a try after I saw the price. I took Nlarge2 earlier in the year, enjoyed that as well.

trasmi21
01-11-2006, 04:34 PM
Haven't posted in a couple days, but just finished a nice squat workout yesterday.

German Volume Training

My squat numbers were...
10 sets of 10 reps 185lbs
45 seconds between each set

Threw up about 10 minutes after finishing haha.

It was hell but I loved it.