PDA

View Full Version : Workout all at once or two-a-days?

Mannequin
08-17-2005, 03:53 PM
I have been working out once a day for about an hour as was suggested to me by many of people, but once school starts up again I do not think I will have that much time all at once to devote to working out. If I were to split up my workout into two or three sessions throughout the day, would there be any negative effects? I know Lyle McDonald suggests working out two times a day but I think he is in another stratosphere.

Hatred
08-17-2005, 05:12 PM
I enjoy two-a-days when I have the time..Give em a try.

Canadian Crippler
08-17-2005, 05:13 PM
I know Lyle McDonald suggests working out two times a day but I think he is in another stratosphere.ROFL, that's quoted for sure.

Try out the double sessions, see how it goes. Dunno why you cant just do one session for 1 hour though...

MixmasterNash
08-17-2005, 05:36 PM
In an ideal world, I'd be doing two a days lifting in between the 14 a day Playmate oil rubdowns. It's a ridiculous idea unless you've got your own setup or it's otherwise very convenient. Most of the time I spent "exercising" is travel to and from the gym, cleaning up, etc. Nice in theory, useless in real-life.

muscleup
08-17-2005, 05:46 PM
I dont understand how you have the time to split your routine into 3's, but not have 1hr out of the day to lift. You must go to school a lot.

Mannequin
08-18-2005, 11:44 AM
Taking 18 hours on top of work and internship.

malkore
08-18-2005, 02:16 PM
I could see how, with a college lifestyle and a job, that you might have a few 30 minute breaks in the day, but not a whole hour all at once...at least this semester. Especially since the campus weight room is probably very close...not requiring the travel time that some of us have for getting to the gym.

try two a days...see how it works for you.

d'Anconia
08-18-2005, 03:57 PM
Are we talking about splitting up a one muscle group workout into two?

So like Squats and deadlifts and then a few hours break and then calf raises and leg curls or something like that?

Or are we talking about chest in the morning and back in the afternoon or something like that?