PDA

View Full Version : Little_G on the road to Big_G

Little_G
08-18-2005, 02:06 PM
Ok ive been on this site for a while and have seen in a lot of people's signatures these journal thing's so ive decided to give it a try, bare with me though alot of you guys seem quite intelligent so dont mind if i talk in 'layman terms'. Im mainly going to do this just to keep track of how much im lifting, what ive learned and remember information and grillings people have given me (if you can be arsed). Anyways alot of people have told me my routine is wrong and sucked but i seem to be getting alot stronger and fitter so im just going to keep at it atleast for a fortnight, ok its my rest day today but hears what i did yesterday....

BENCH PRESS - 10 REPS, 8 REPS, 6 REPS, 4 REPS (62KG)

Dumbbell Fly's - 35 REPS (10KG EACH)

Overhead Tricep Extentions - 40 REPS (5KG)

Push Up - 10 REPS

Deadlift - 5 REPS (50KG)

I had a big breakfast, whey shake, and 5grams of creatine mixed before i started the workout, o and ive also been taking these nitrix pills 3 a day they seem to give me a pump, took me around 3quarters of an hour to finish. Then through the day i ate a **** load and done the same routine again later on in the night and before hand had another whey shake.

I was wondering aswell ive seen some 17yr olds saying they can bench loads and some carnt bench as much as me. Im just wondering if my max bench is good 62kg for 10reps... , also im 18yrs old and 185lbs.

pinky8713
08-18-2005, 02:12 PM
There is no "good" weight to be lifting bro. It depends on the person. As long as you're progressing, then you're good.

So, what you did yesterday, is that the workout you do on all of your workout days? Or how does your routine work?

Good idea starting a journal man, good luck and lift hard :thumbup:

Little_G
08-18-2005, 02:20 PM
Cheers man. Ok i see your point, its the individual that counts. Nah i dont just do those i do these aswell -

Barbell Curls
Concentration Curls
Arnold Press
Upright Row
Clean and Jerk

These and the ones i listed earlier are all the exercises i do. I do them on alternate days. I seem to be making good progress im lifting alot more than when i started, main thing is i want to get alot better on the bench press, im nearly curling the same amound as i bench its ridiculous... Anyways thanks...

Little_G
08-18-2005, 02:21 PM
I forgot to mention sit-ups aswell lol.

ThatSkinnyGuy
08-18-2005, 02:29 PM
Clean and Jerk? Mmmmm, Olympic lifting, for when you feel compelled to throw other people across the room.

For the big three: DL, Squat, and BP, dont compare yourself to others; think of everything in terms of your own bodyweight. My own bench is notoriously low, but considering I'm six foot tall and only 150, its not that bad.

And lastly, what the bejeezus does your signature quote mean? I was previously under the impression that everyone should take a piss once in while.

Little_G
08-18-2005, 02:38 PM
ThatSkinnyGuy - Lol yea i get the urge to throw people sometimes, you know them annoying midgets who love themselves and wont stfu, them guys lol. Well about the signature, ive seen loads of 16yr olds on this site who can bench like 180lbs for 5reps and im like wtf ! it saddens me lol, anyways thanks.. p.s yes its good to take a piss sometimes.

Little_G
08-18-2005, 10:21 PM
Ive been awake since like 2pm yesterday and it is now 5:05am wtf am i doing lol ! Im a fool this guys supposed to be ringing me up about a job at 10am and i get all worked up and carnt sleep lol - im a bag of nerves. Earlier on i was arguing with my mate, he thinks that guys that are taller with longer arms find it easier to curl than short guys with smaller arms and i was like WTF !!! He's the 1 whose in university like ive just been training for a few months, he went to bed with some cocky remark like i couldnt really find hard evidence, what a dumbass. I hope my muscles have relaxed enough even though ive been awake because its my rest day, well was yesterday lol... anyway laterz...

Little_G
08-19-2005, 03:24 PM
Woke up 2day ate a steak and salad (lots of protein in the big steak) had an apple and some crisps was pretty full then. Took my daily dose of creatine, and have had 2nitrix pills now, done my workout then -

Barbell Curls - 8reps,8reps,6reps,4reps (just carnt seem to hit 10reps to heavy)

Concentration Curls - 30reps each arm

Arnold Press - 20reps both arms

Upright Rows - 10reps

Sit Ups - 30reps

Tried doing Barbell Rows for the first time for the upper back but carnt seem to get the form right i hurt my back abit. Getting a chin-up bar soon so i'l probably just stick to them. Anyways felt good after that work out, watching a film now called kiss the girls with morgan freeman, going todo my routine again later and eat a **** load more food some pasta maybe. Also had my whey shake forgot 2 mention lol... Anyways gtg...

pinky8713
08-19-2005, 03:47 PM
Solid workout man. Just keep practicing the rows...use real light weight. You'll hurt your back if you have your back arched forward. You have to make sure your back is STRAIGHT, or arched backwards a little. Keep practicin' dude.

Keep it up yo

Little_G
08-19-2005, 07:08 PM
K man i'l keep working at it. Just had a massive bowl of pasta and cheese. Going to take another nitrix pill now and do my routine again. Hopefully i'l get a good pump going.

Little_G
08-20-2005, 03:28 PM
Had two nice pork chops now and potato's and fried onions (big meal). O plus whey shake and creatine. Then done my routine....

Bench Press - 10reps,8reps,6reps,5reps

Dumb Bell Flys - 35reps

Overhead Tricep Extensions - 40reps

Push Up - 10reps

Deadlift - 10reps

Abit dissapointed on the bench because i only barely done 10 first of all but maybe thats because ive only recently had a day off. The last 3sets were easy though i even hit 5 instead of 4 on the last and im on my own. I want to move up on the bench a.s.a.p because alot of people have told me i should really be benching more because i can curl pretty close to the amount i can bench. Just having a chill now, anyway laterz...

Little_G
08-22-2005, 02:26 AM
Just had to fix my pc now been up all night but had a good workout.

Barbell Curls - 8reps,7reps,5reps,4reps

Concentration Curls - 30reps each arm

Arnold Press - 20reps both arms

Sit Ups - 30reps

Done this routine twice last night. Just couldnt hit 10reps on the curls though im thinking about lowering the weight abit but i dont really wanna do that, i wanna be curling more, im doing 40kg's at the moment. Ate alot of food as usual and took some nitrix pills again which gave me sort of a pump (pretty crap really) and 2whey shakes. Anyway ive been up all night and need to start growing better lol, laterz..

Little_G
08-30-2005, 01:57 PM
This is to annoying to keep up with. Delete this thread or let it disapear lol..............................